Airdrie v Dumbarton - Scottish Cup R.3

Old Scrotum

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After an absolutely night and day performance against previous home games, I'm actually looking forward to this.
Murrays obviously got his claws into that team, and apart from the 2 centre halves and one goalkeeping blunder we looked fitter, sharper and right up for it.
I have absolutely no idea what he's done to Grant Gallagher and Kyke Wilkie but yesterday they were excellent and were right in east fifes faces.
If we can keep the ball away from our own 18 yard box, we've a chance but you just never know, if these guys played consistently like that, we wouldn't be in the position we are in.
No idea what to expect, would love a win and a decent draw but if we get the same effort as yesterday I'll be happy.

I've just been making up the infographic, and having looked at our squad there is a very realistic chance that we could be without 10 players (Mango, Dowie, Dyer, Adam, Smith, Allardice, Thomas, Thomson, Loy and Beany) for this.

That would leave us with a squad of, erm, 10 - McGowan, Ballantyne, Forbes, Perry, Carsy, Hutton, Spencer, Bobby Barr, Calum Gallagher, Michael Paton.

What a mess :(

17 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

I've just been making up the infographic, and having looked at our squad there is a very realistic chance that we could be without 10 players (Mango, Dowie, Dyer, Adam, Smith, Allardice, Thomas, Thomson, Loy and Beany) for this.

That would leave us with a squad of, erm, 10 - McGowan, Ballantyne, Forbes, Perry, Carsy, Hutton, Spencer, Bobby Barr, Calum Gallagher, Michael Paton.

What a mess :(

I'll be shocked if Smith, Allardice and Thomas aren't allowed to play to be honest.  The latter 2 have no chance of featuring for their parent clubs and it seems Smith is surplus to requirements at EK.

Airdrie on the up and up, playing well vs Struggling  Dumbarton, these are the ones I worry about (hopefully needless worry).  Hopefully able to wind DC up on Monday

Thinking the exact same thing. Its a winnable tie for both sides tbh and we were absolutely honking the last time we met in the 1-1 game.
If we can muster a 90 minutes of the same effort of the second half of the East Fife game there's no reason we couldn't win but at the same time I've come to learn this lot are more than capable of putting in an absolute shitfest of a game.

20 hours ago, Old Diamond said:

Airdrie on the up and up, playing well vs Struggling  Dumbarton, these are the ones I worry about (hopefully needless worry).  Hopefully able to wind DC up on Monday

On current form, really no need to worry especially as you are at home.  If you score first you'll likely win.  Don't know if I'll even make it through as I have a tight schedule this Saturday evening.

Team News: Craig Barr, Grant Adam and Rory Loy remain out. Ryan Thomson is also unavailable. Willie Dyer and skipper Andy Dowie are added to the squad. Iain Russell faces a late check on his fitness.

Beginning to wonder if big Thommo has actually been taken hostage, but the club don't want to panic people.

No news on the loan guys...so being the eternal optimist that I am, I'm assuming that all three have been injured in training so it doesn't matter whether they are available or not are able to play.

As long as we get through this without any more injuries I'll be quite happy. If we win and then get an away tie at one of the Old Firm then all the better.

Smith

Ballantyne -- Dowie -- Allardice -- Dyer

Forbes -- Carswell -- Hutton -- Barr

Gallagher -- Thomas

I don't for one second think he'll throw both Dowie and Dyer back in here, but if they are fit enough then I'd like to see the above team.  Fearing a complete dicking tbh, I can see Muzz having Airdrie right fired up for this one and I'm not sure our squad has it in them to get fired up. We'll see though, it's a winnable tie.

50 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Smith

Ballantyne -- Dowie -- Allardice -- Dyer

Forbes -- Carswell -- Hutton -- Barr

Gallagher -- Thomas

I don't for one second think he'll throw both Dowie and Dyer back in here, but if they are fit enough then I'd like to see the above team.  Fearing a complete dicking tbh, I can see Muzz having Airdrie right fired up for this one and I'm not sure our squad has it in them to get fired up. We'll see though, it's a winnable tie.

They were fired up for the East Fife game so they are certainly capable

2 hours ago, Ross Forbes said:

Team News: Craig Barr, Grant Adam and Rory Loy remain out. Ryan Thomson is also unavailable. Willie Dyer and skipper Andy Dowie are added to the squad. Iain Russell faces a late check on his fitness.

Beginning to wonder if big Thommo has actually been taken hostage, but the club don't want to panic people.

Aye - unless it's a ploy to pad out the length of the article, why not just include Thomson in the list of unfit players?  Seems strange to give him a different 'being unavailable' description.

Unless they're just messing with our minds, seeing as there's so few posts on this thread. #tinfoil #conspiracy

2 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Aye - unless it's a ploy to pad out the length of the article, why not just include Thomson in the list of unfit players?  Seems strange to give him a different 'being unavailable' description.

Unless they're just messing with our minds, seeing as there's so few posts on this thread. #tinfoil #conspiracy

Maybe he's unavailable for a reason other than injury. 

Archived