Scotland v Israel

Frank Grimes

8 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Yeah I’ve had a heads gone 

Thought Israel had more points than us for some reason 

Blaming the Glenlivet 

Typical tartan defeatism, blame the chip on your shoulder.

Scotland to win, securing the same nations league position as Germany - side prediction, some folk will still be utterly ragin'.

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Briannmataxi said:

Didn't realise it was a 1 legged semi final. Is the final 1 leg too? So we are basically 3 games away from the Euros :lol:

Yet according to James McFadden the real focus is on the qualifiers.

29 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Has he not changed his tone a bit recently? Presumably after someone sat him down and explained it all? Possibly with puppets so he understood. 

7 hours ago, GordonS said:

I take comfort from the fact that we started well against Israel and up to half time were clearly the better team. We should never have been eased out of that game and we really, really shouldn't be struggling at home against them.

We were absolutely hopeless in the first half against Israel, it was just that we managed to get even worse in the second.

32 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

What pot will winning on Tuesday put us in for the main qualifying draw.

I assume failure will leave us in pot 4 as normal

The four League C winners plus the two best runners-up will be in Pot 3, so it depends what happens in other groups.

"Pot 4 as normal" is completely wrong though. We've only been in Pot 4 three times in the last 15 campaigns (Euro 2008, WC 2014 and Euro 2016).

46 minutes ago, same_ol_g35 said:

Has he not changed his tone a bit recently? Presumably after someone sat him down and explained it all? Possibly with puppets so he understood. 

I'm being slightly unfair.   I rather suspect he was informed by the SFA's resident statto, who probably posts on here.  

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

We were absolutely hopeless in the first half against Israel, it was just that we managed to get even worse in the second.

The four League C winners plus the two best runners-up will be in Pot 3, so it depends what happens in other groups.

"Pot 4 as normal" is completely wrong though. We've only been in Pot 4 three times in the last 15 campaigns (Euro 2008, WC 2014 and Euro 2016).

I think Israel is as badly as I've ever seen Scotland play, at least over 90 minutes in a game that counts.  

Guest DAVIDB69
Don’t see Scotland win 4-0 very often. In my case I still haven’t seen it. Just listened to the first half on the bbc website. 
So after we hump Israel who do we get next?

Looking like Finland , Norway or Bulgaria in 16 months time , yes that long.

Also chances of Rumania or Serbia which you wouldn’t fancy

Guest DAVIDB69

Which we are likely to get a very difficult group in and have absolutely no chance in

27 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Which we are likely to get a very difficult group in and have absolutely no chance in

We're a bit lucky for the standard quali draw imo.

As a host we can only be drawn with one other host country, so we have a decent chance of avoiding a possible 2nd seed Germany or Denmark if either of them get England, Spain, Italy etc. as a #1 seed.

Was it not horribly hot in Israel? Tuesday night will be cold and miserable. We'll thrash them 1-0 .

That’ll do for me.

Imagine playing in a qualifying group knowing that whatever happens you’re already in the play offs.

What a time to be alive!

14 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

That’ll do for me.

Imagine playing in a qualifying group knowing that whatever happens you’re already in the play offs.

What a time to be alive!

And not just any playoff (where you could get Germany or France or whoever) but one where you'll only have to face somebody as bobbinsy as yourself.

Let's enjoy that thought before the inevitable scudding off Israel.

Archived