Scotland v Israel

Frank Grimes

As I hate all friendlies this competition has been great. Playing teams at a similar level in a competitive format with promotion, relegation and a 2nd chance at qualification if required is the work of a genius IMO.
Exactly. Is refreshing to see the powers that be coming up with an idea that isn't just all about ensuring the big teams are always sitting at the big table at the expense of all the rest. We could possibly be the team that will benefit most out of all from this chance to come back from the international wilderness.

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

As I hate all friendlies this competition has been great. Playing teams at a similar level in a competitive format with promotion, relegation and a 2nd chance at qualification if required is the work of a genius IMO.

Aye, but do we now not go a year+ with not a single competitive match?

f**k me. That wasn't good for my health.

Thought we were excellent from the 20th minute to the 70th. Absolutely pummelled them and made them look like the shite team they are. Was impressed to see us bounce back so strongly from an awful start and going a goal down. Forrest absolutely on fire but I thought Fletcher, Fraser and Christie were all superb as well. 2nd and 3rd goals were especially sexual.

No idea why we kept backing off and backing off, just daring them to take shots at goal. Both of their goals would have been prevented if they'd just closed them down.

We still have obvious and serious flaws but we got the job done and because of this revamp, we have a genuine and real chance to reach the Euros. Well in lads.

We'll be home to Finland, with the Final against Norway/Serbia decided by random draw. Bulgaria, Israel, Hungary could move up in that order if some qualify automatically.

Certainly not easy opponents - we've just lost 2-1 away and won 3-2 at home to Israel - but a fine opportunity.

Finland have had a formidable home record but a poor away one in the tournament. That said a lot can alter in 18 months - for ourselves and others.

29 minutes ago, banana said:

We were one goal away from not topping a group where our competition was Israel and fucking Albania.

We'd be in DEFCON 1 MELTDOWN mode right now if we'd have drawn this game.

You know Albania qualified for Euro 2016, right?

Archived