Scotland v Israel

Frank Grimes

I'm on holiday m8, give me a break.
Forrest has been shite for the vast majority of my career, you can pretend he's always been a world beater in waiting if you want, but this upturn in form has surprised most people. 
In hindsight I look like a fanny for slating him, admittedly.

This just isn't true, he's never been brilliant and really lacked an end product at times but he has always been pretty good over his career.

Got off to a great start at Celtic, faded badly and has came on to an incredible game again there, for Scotland he has always flattered to deceive and missed that final product but it's always been massively over played. Wingers at every club get it cause they're expected to make things happen.

Been brilliant for his club and should be starting every game because of that and with Fletcher/Christie and Fraser in the team it's letting us get the best out of him.

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The draw is made in November next year, presumably to decide which home finalist gets home advantage in the eventual final.  50/50 shot if we get through the semi, but if not we're travelling to beautiful Norway, or...Serbia.  Yass.

They said on Clyde earlier that we’d be at home in semi and final due to our superior record in the group.

Guest DAVIDB69

Looking forward to the euro 2020 draw , we could have Spain and Germany as our top 2 seeds , we could also have Poland and Czech Republic

Well deserved victory and all credit to those involved

I don`t think McLeish is a good appointment but to be fair to the guy he said he needed to win the group and that`s what we`ve done.

Some folk would rather we had not won tonight I suspect.

Forrest (obviously), Armstrong, Fletcher, Robertson  and McKenna  were great. 

Paterson (by his own admission TBF) isn`t a RB, certainly not at this level.

Just now, DAVIDB69 said:

Surely Serbia are ranked higher than Norway

Is it based on UEFA rankings rather than the records of each group winner?

Additionally, I presume the draw for the play-off final is simply a 50-50 chance as to whether it would be at Hampden or not?

Draw for the qualifying groups is 2nd December.

We're guaranteed a home semi final. Should we qualify from the normal group we won't need it and it will go to the next best ranked team from Group C of the Nations League. We will play Finland in this semi unless they qualify via the normal group. Norway or Serbia are in the other semi, but again only if they don't qualify from their normal group.

Guest DAVIDB69
Additionally, I presume the draw for the play-off final is simply a 50-50 chance as to whether it would be at Hampden or not?

Finland at home is fine then

3 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

If we beat Finland, are we at home in the final?

We are guaranteed a home semi and final.

Right now we are playing Finland at home but should we get through Euro qualifying we don't take part in the playoffs. The next best team in League C moves up.

league.png.536887c1b58e3c222eecd9a6f4520961.png

So if Serbia qualified directly we would be at home to Bulgaria in the Playoffs.

(I think that is right...)

The draw is made in November next year, presumably to decide which home finalist gets home advantage in the eventual final.  50/50 shot if we get through the semi, but if not we're travelling to beautiful Norway, or...Serbia.  Yass.

But no Finland - yes???

Just now, Elixir said:

It's based on Nations League rankings. Someone put up a table earlier.

Yes, the final is a 50/50 draw for who gets home advantage.

5 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

They said on Clyde earlier that we’d be at home in semi and final due to our superior record in the group.

I don't think that's right, but happy to be corrected by someone that isn't Hugh Keevins.

3 minutes ago, Ylf said:

Scotland team can’t win sometimes can they. Just enjoy topping the group.

3 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Miserable b*****ds contriving not to be happy. Of course we nearly fucked it up, be we didn't. Fukkin hoo-ra.

I'm pretty sure everyone is delighted with the situation.

There is likely to be some disagreement when folk starting calling out da haterz because we've scraped first place in a group with Israel and Albania though. McLeish has a brilliant platform to go and do something here (which I'm sure everyone hopes he takes) but a few folk are getting far too carried away with the told you so's. If McGregor hadn't pulled off a great save and Philips' free range headless chicken role had cost us that, people would be wanting McLeish assassinated. Funny old game.

Just now, Gordopolis said:

Darren Fletcher looking proud as punch in the sky studio :thumsup2

He was pretty much spot on with all he said too. Griffiths should be concerned given how well Steven Fletcher has done. He didn't score but you see the work he does and now he has genuine support in Christie Fraser and Forrest makes him an even more valuable player. In fact Griffiths for me is no longer first choice and given his perceived hissy fit then he needs to do a lot to get back in.

On top of that Scott McKenna was a stand out and Bates did well too, while Armstrong was immense.

I've been critical of McLeish but credit where it's due for the last two games, he has set us up well, albeit forced somewhat by the call offs

Archived