QoS Vs Formartine Utd

19QOS19

Your positively whooshing us.

Given the gulf in league position, full-time to part-time status etc I suspect we will rotate a little bit.

Leigh field

Mercer Fordyce semple Marshall
Frizzel Norman Harkins Todd
Dykes Dobbie

If Dobbie and Harkins do start I hope we are in healthy 2 goal cushion to pull them off early. I have a good feeling about this game and will say a commanding 5-1 win for the South.

Would much rather see Murray start over Frizzel to be honest. Be good to see Owen Bell get some football as well

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Given the gulf in league position, full-time to part-time status etc I suspect we will rotate a little bit.

Leigh field

Dykes Dobbie

If Dobbie and Harkins do start I hope we are in healthy 2 goal cushion to pull them off early. I have a good feeling about this game and will say a commanding 5-1 win for the South.

We should start this game with best 11 players available, progression is a must. 

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

We should start this game with best 11 players available, progression is a must. 

We have to win this have to agree we must play our best 11 .

Same team as against Inverness but make sure they realise a game  lasts 90 mins not 70.

What is the problem with Martin going to be out a while ?

I have to agree - I don’t think we are in any position to rest key players in this fixture. Given our underwhelming league results I think we need to view this competition as an absolute top priority given the future chance of vital income generation.

If we had wanted to rest key players - the East Fife match would have been the obvious choice.Highland league teams very often over perform their “status” in this competition and having witnessed that insipid collapse last week I wouldn’t take anything for granted against Formartine or anybody else for that matter.

3 hours ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Leigh field

Dykes Dobbie

Frizzell isn't eligible to play.

I'd be absolutely shocked if we do anything other than play what the manager considers our strongest available 11. Formartine are a good side, at least League 2 standard and probably not significantly worse than the East Fife side who beat us last month. It would be madness to take them on with an understrength side.

Frizzell isn't eligible to play.
I'd be absolutely shocked if we do anything other than play what the manager considers our strongest available 11. Formartine are a good side, at least League 2 standard and probably not significantly worse than the East Fife side who beat us last month. It would be madness to take them on with an understrength side.
Ah I did not realize that. I am of course hopeful of strongest starting 11 possible. As supersouth said progression is critical

20 hours ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Leigh field

Dykes Dobbie

Only 2? :o

Guest TOPFITTER

I know it's still Saturday but thought I'd start it now so the tedious Northfield doesn't.

I won't make this unfortunately but with Dobbie off form, Dykes carrying no goal threat and our awful defence I just can't see where our goals will come from.

6-0 Formartine.

In the vein of Northfield, excellent, https://goo.gl/images/G9CAjX

QOS team. 

Leighfield.

Mercer, Fordyce, Doyle,  Marshall.

Stirling, Jacobs, Norman  Todd.

Dykes, Dobbie.

Norman in for the injured Harkins. Mercer in at RB so Doyle in central defence and Semple drops to the bench. Martin "fit enough" for the bench.

You would surely want to down play an attendance rather than increase it? Undeclared money in the hip pocket, rather than having to pay tax on money you didn't actually get.

There were rumours of many clubs downgrading attendances in the past. I suppose the digital age and ticket sales make it more difficult to do. That and of course clubs these days with some very notable exceptions would never consider diddling HMRC out of their share.

Archived