QoS Vs Formartine Utd

19QOS19

I know it's still Saturday but thought I'd start it now so the tedious Northfield doesn't.

I won't make this unfortunately but with Dobbie off form, Dykes carrying no goal threat and our awful defence I just can't see where our goals will come from.

6-0 Formartine.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I know it's still Saturday but thought I'd start it now so the tedious Northfield doesn't.

I won't make this unfortunately but with Dobbie off form, Dykes carrying no goal threat and our awful defence I just can't see where our goals will come from.

6-0 Formartine.

:thumsup2

6-0 Formartine.

Brilliant [emoji23]

From a financial position we desperately need to have a decent cup run this season or even a big pay day against one of the OF when they enter the competition.

Heaven forbid we slip up next Saturday as that would be disastrous for both the club and the manager!!!

I wouldn’t be surprised if we have a sub 1k crowd for this one however I’m confident we will be in the hat for the next round of the cup come 16:50 on Saturday evening.

C’mon the South [emoji170]

I also think we'll be in the hat (or bowl or bag,  whatever they use) for the next round but I wouldn't be too surprised if it reads more like "Formartine United or Queen of the South".  

Hopefully our defence can keep it a bit tighter in this game and our strikers and/or midfielders are on scoring form.  I also hope we can play at the same tempo and with the same penetration as we managed for two-thirds of Saturday's game.  A decent cup run might ignite a bit of enthusiasm amongst the fans and tempt a few absentees to return.  

Is Palmerston plastic now, saw some highlights the other day & it looked to be 

Has been since 2013. Got relayed I think as the old one was honking. The new one isn’t much better. It generates plenty of money for the club with amateur and junior teams making good use of it, however

7 hours ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

Has been since 2013. Got relayed I think as the old one was honking. The new one isn’t much better. It generates plenty of money for the club with amateur and junior teams making good use of it, however

Must admit it one of the few grounds I have not been in, stayed in Dumfries golfing once but no games at the time. Would have happily swapped with Formartine to visit Palmerston rather than Cappielow.

57 minutes ago, JessieField said:

Where the hell is Formartine anyway?

You might find out if we need to go there for a replay.  I'm sure it's very nice anyway. 

I recall Gordon Strachan  when he was at Dundee and they were due to play us in a cup game,  saying something like  he didn't know anything about Queen of the South or even where Dumfries was.  Satisfying when we pumped them something like  6 -  0. IIRC. 

Pitmedden,  14 miles north of Aberdeen. We’re several divisions above them, full time to their part-time, and at home. The bookies will have us as strong favourites. 

So why have I got a queasy feeling in my stomach.......?

I’m going for a routine 6-4 win.

13 hours ago, peternapper said:

Must admit it one of the few grounds I have not been in, stayed in Dumfries golfing once but no games at the time. Would have happily swapped with Formartine to visit Palmerston rather than Cappielow.

Not sure what Cappielow has to do with this TBH... :unsure: 

On 17/11/2018 at 21:30, 19QOS19 said:

6-0 Formartine.

Could not have put it better myself only difference I would make is 4-0 Formartine you have to be a bit more positive about Queens  

Could not have put it better myself only difference I would make is 4-0 Formartine you have to be a bit more positive about Queens  

Your positively whooshing us.

Given the gulf in league position, full-time to part-time status etc I suspect we will rotate a little bit.

Leigh field

Mercer Fordyce semple Marshall
Frizzel Norman Harkins Todd
Dykes Dobbie

If Dobbie and Harkins do start I hope we are in healthy 2 goal cushion to pull them off early. I have a good feeling about this game and will say a commanding 5-1 win for the South.

On ‎20‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 19:32, QOSQOS said:

Pitmedden,  14 miles north of Aberdeen. We’re several divisions above them, full time to their part-time, and at home. The bookies will have us as strong favourites. 

So why have I got a queasy feeling in my stomach.......?

I’m going for a routine 6-4 win.

Formartine have a strong squad by Highland League standards, probably good enough to have won the league in recent years but have never really managed to maintain their best form over an entire season. Although local rivals I'd still like to see them doing well at Palmerston but the gap between Championship and Highland League should be too much.

Archived