Albania vs Scotland

Gordopolis

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, The OP said:

Okay, then that was what I was asking about *exhales*

Some details would be AWESOME.

My fault for changing the channel before our shambling, probably ill manager appeared to annoy some fife teuchters with his big city ways.

Ireland got pumped out last night m8...

12 minutes ago, BigDan said:

Admittedly Paterson was a weak link at full back, but if he could lose a wee bit of weight I could see him as potentially a great long term partner for McKenna. He is powerful, excellent in the air, can pass the ball and is a threat in the opponents box at set pieces. He also has that confidence / arrogance required and won't be phased by anyone. He isn't the fastest but that need not be exposed as McKenna has the pace. Obviously he has a lot he needs to work on - mainly the tache, which is a poor imitation of the head waiter's (Willie Miller) one. Time will tell ! 

Except for the one major flaw in your argument...he's not a defender...

Has Shay Logan got a Scottish granny?

Foster would’ve been better than Paterson tbh. 

Excellent win all the same. That midfield is dynamic and has a great balance about it, Bates has proven he’s a capable understudy and Fletcher still has his uses and gave the attacking midfielders plenty of space with his runs and passes. 

Perhaps all the call offs and diddies like Ritchie making themselves unavailable will benefit the team as a whole. 

7 minutes ago, The OP said:

Celtic just beat Albania. Easy come easy go. I will not accept quisling NO voters and NO enablers criticising McLeish though.

Red nEck’s job is safe...:green

6 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

One quandary is who should partner McKenna long term?

Souttar, Hendry, Bates or A.N.Other?

On that note is McKenna suspended or not for the Israel game?

Souttar or Hendry seem the obvious choices should they keep developing. Though there's likely some upcoming jobbers in the English Championship with Scottish grannies and will become the 2nd.

14 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Na it was only Robertson in any danger of suspension prior to tonight I think.  

21 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Bates did well, so surely it's his to lose. Souttar is injured for a fair while so see if he can play his way back in the squad. And Hendry is getting worse.

Unless Patterson is actually the answer, with chalmers in the holding role

It was a definite sending off too. Aye Christie made the most of it, but the guy nutted him. It wasn't Muirhead vs Higgins, but the boy stuck his head into Christie and made significant contact. Daft sending off. The ref was fussy as f**k tonight and was a bit too card happy, but the sending off and the pen were both uncontroversial.
Christie is a serial diver. The free kick that led to the penalty resulted from one of his contact-free efforts. We'll take anything just now, mind, and he is, in every other respect, a crackin player.

Interesting idea here. I like the idea of Paterson being moved from right back, but where we differ is that I would put him on the plane home rather than into the centre of defense. He has shown zero defensive ability (or indeed footballing ability) whenever he's played right back for Scotland. He was an utter carthorse tonight and he was only useful when the ball was launched to his heid. Easily our weakest link.
Unsure who the player you identified as "Chalmers" was. Maybe Armstrong? I'd personally start the same team as tonight. McGregor was excellent as holding midfielder and has a far better touch than McGinn.
Chalmers and Armstrong were a fabulous half back unit for Scotland, certainly, but in the egg baw game...

Archived