Todays scores 17/11

GNU_Linux

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Satori. said:

Rossvale 0 v 0 Arthurlie

We did well on a horrible park. In the end a bit disappointed not to take the full points today.  First clean sheet in ages.   Looks like The Bens were the big winners today with other results going their way as well as taking care of Cumbernauld.

The park is irrelevant to Arthurlie, who simply hump the ball the length of the park regardless. 

25 minutes ago, Glenbuck Nosepicker said:

Took in the Saltcoats game today v Muirkirk. Ended goalless. I hope I'm wrong but Saltcoats have the look of a club in terminal  decline. .Park  was poor, large parts of the boundary fence missing, terracing being lost to weeds and no refreshments available.  Muirkirk made up the majority of the support and I fear if something doesn't happen, this once proud wee club will be consigned to the history books as the Last seven years or so have seen a steady decay setting in on and off the park. 

0-0 thriller. Hope you asked for your money back.

A poor result for Muirkirk. Not surprised though 

I’d do it more often t you might get promoted 
I have missed the last few weeks for a variety of reasons and results haven't been good. When I walked in today a load of the guys were for kicking me back out in case I jinxed it.[emoji4]

I have missed the last few weeks for a variety of reasons and results haven't been good. When I walked in today a load of the guys were for kicking me back out in case I jinxed it.[emoji4]
I was pleasantly surprised by the result today Tombo given our recent results and Kilsyth being on a good run. Combined with the number of players injured that really was a great 3points today.

Cambuslang Rangers 1-2 Clydebank

A classy finish from Bankies Stevie Higgins, just before half time earned his team the 3 points in a fiercely contested game at Somervell Park this afternoon.

All 3 goals were scored in the opening half.

15 mns -  Jordan Shelvey put the visitors in front after a loose ball from Cambuslangs John Gemmell was pounced on by the Bankies midfielder, he broke forward then rolled the ball square to Jordan who expertly finished from 18yds.

20mns - John got his side back in the game with an expertly taken penalty, after the Bankies goalie barged a Cambuslang player off the ball inside the box.

40 mns - Brilliant link up play on the right between Bankies Cammy McClair, & Stevie Higgins, saw Sean on his own at the edge of the 6yd box from where he cleverly slotted the ball into the net with the outside of his right boot.

Not much went on in the 2nd half until the last 10mns when both sides had several good goal opportunities.

There was an unfortunate incident in the last minute right in front of the Bankies dugout which resulted in Cambuslangs no2 Jack Breslin being ordered off, & a Bankie coach getting a lecture.

Not much between the teams. Matthew McDermid, & his assistants handled the game very well.

David Galt, David Green, & Mark Staunton were. best for the home team.

Del Hepburn, Liam Rowan, Jordan Shelvey, & Stevie Higgins caught the eye for the Bankies.

Bankies had a young lad playing central defence wearing the no 18 shirt, he was excellent, what is his name?

56 minutes ago, DanMan said:

The park is irrelevant to Arthurlie, who simply hump the ball the length of the park regardless. 

Your gonna have the shits tomorrow my man if you keep swallowing those sour grapes.  Your team weren't good enough to beat us. Get over it.   Glencairn came to your pit and got humped trying to play football on that horrible surface.  We played to the conditions and should have left with 3 points.  

1 hour ago, 11TH MAY 1991 said:

Looking forward to Mr Gemmell`s take on the scenes at the end of the Cambuslang v Clydebank game.......

Not too sure what went on. But I went to see him play this afternoon, he conducted himself very well, & played ok.

Cambuslang Rangers 1-2 Clydebank
A classy finish from Bankies Sean Higgins, just before half time earned his team the 3 points in a fiercely contested game at Somervell Park this afternoon.
All 3 goals were scored in the opening half.
15 mns -  Jordan Shelvey put the visitors in front after a loose ball from Cambuslangs John Gemmell was pounced on by the Bankies midfielder, he broke forward then rolled the ball square to Jordan who expertly finished from 18yds.
20mns - John got his side back in the game with an expertly taken penalty, after the Bankies goalie barged a Cambuslang player off the ball inside the box.
40 mns - Brilliant link up play on the right between Bankies Cammy McClair, & Sean Higgins, saw Sean on his own at the edge of the 6yd box from where he cleverly slotted the ball into the net with the outside of his right boot.
Not much went on in the 2nd half until the last 10mns when both sides had several good goal opportunities.
There was an unfortunate incident in the last minute right in front of the Bankies dugout which resulted in Cambuslangs no2 Jack Breslin being ordered off, & a Bankie coach getting a lecture.
Not much between the teams. Matthew McDermid, & his assistants handled the game very well.
David Galt, David Green, & Mark Staunton were. best for the home team.
Del Hepburn, Liam Rowan, Jordan Shelvey, & Sean Higgins caught the eye for the Bankies.
Bankies had a young lad playing central defence wearing the no 18 shirt, he was excellent, what is his name?

A fair summary Larky although it was Stevie Higgins that got Bankies second - his namesake Sean came on as a late sub

Our number 18 was Declan Fitzpatrick who is on loan from Clyde FC for the rest of the season - like you I thought he was excellent for Bankies today

11 minutes ago, Kilbowie's Finest said:

A fair summary Larky although it was Stevie Higgins that got Bankies second - his namesake Sean came on as a late sub

Our number 18 was Declan Fitzpatrick who is on loan from Clyde FC for the rest of the season - like you I thought he was excellent for Bankies today

Give my apologies to Stevie, too many Higgins’s for an old guy. Looking forward to watching Bankies again next Saturday.

37 minutes ago, Satori. said:

Your gonna have the shits tomorrow my man if you keep swallowing those sour grapes.  Your team weren't good enough to beat us. Get over it.   Glencairn came to your pit and got humped trying to play football on that horrible surface.  We played to the conditions and should have left with 3 points.  

All about opinions. However I am not sure where you get the 3 points claim from.  As for the surface, I suppose when you are used to playing on the San Siro, then a flat pitch is probably not suited to hoofing the ball the length of the park. 

Excellent result and performance from Hurlford today. Didn't really know what to expect from Kilbirnie, as their league form has been poor, but they started well last week under the new manager. It's always a bonus when Davie Anderson isn't in the Blasties starting XI, and with a stiff breeze at their backs, the Ford pretty much dominated the midfield and found themselves 3 up after about 25 minutes.

That seemed to knock the stuffing out of Ladeside and although they had a short period of pressure late on in the second half, and Scullion scored another fabulous free kick, the result never really looked in doubt. Hurlford scored another three and TBH it could have been more. Don't think I've ever seen big Mick O'Dwyer look so lost and for Hurlford most were good, although both centre backs and both the Caddis boys were first class.

As usual, the hospitality was good and it was nice to catch up with the guys we met at the quiz in September. I also have to say I thought the pitch was immaculate. Look forward to the return match.

Excellent result and performance from Hurlford today. Didn't really know what to expect from Kilbirnie, as their league form has been poor, but they started well last week under the new manager. It's always a bonus when Davie Anderson isn't in the Blasties starting XI, and with a stiff breeze at their backs, the Ford pretty much dominated the midfield and found themselves 3 up after about 25 minutes.

That seemed to knock the stuffing out of Ladeside and although they had a short period of pressure late on in the second half, and Scullion scored another fabulous free kick, the result never really looked in doubt. Hurlford scored another three and TBH it could have been more. Don't think I've ever seen big Mick O'Dwyer look so lost and for Hurlford most were good, although both centre backs and both the Caddis boys were first class.

As usual, the hospitality was good and it was nice to catch up with the guys we met at the quiz in September. I also have to say I thought the pitch was immaculate. Look forward to the return match.

Always good to catch up mate
Fair take on the game tbh & at least our new management will know the task in hand of the job they have to do .

Archived