Ross County vs Dunfermline Athletic Sat 24th Nov

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Thomson won't be up front ffs. Twitter confirms El Bak on his own in a 451.

Call it 4411 then but he definitely was.

Now RW after Higginbotham hilariously got himself sent off.  To be honest he was owning Stelios and backing into him for the first 10 mins.  I think Higginbotham got wound up by wanting to take the FK that Muirhead shot straight at the keeper.  I’m not sure how strong the elbow was but he needlessly caught Stelios.

The meltdown on the touch line after the even was brilliant, hopefully the highlights catch it.

From those that caught the incident it was apparently a stick on red card, Higginbotham needs fined within an inch of his employment within the club. 

Not terribly fair to judge County on that, totally different game after that incident. 

County very unconvincing today, made extremely hard work of it. Think a decent team would’ve beaten us or, at the very least, taken a point today. On the positive side, thought Stellios was brilliant today, best I’ve seen him play. However, another 3 points and you can’t complain about that.

A boring game. Some slack passing thankfully went unpunished, on another day we might not have been so lucky.

Good reactions from Billy to head the ball home for the opener. Stelios continues to impress me,

The intensity of the first half display v Ayr Utd has sadly been lacking of late, but a win is a win and it moves us up to second. Turning quite competative at the top.

From those that caught the incident it was apparently a stick on red card, Higginbotham needs fined within an inch of his employment within the club. 

Not terribly fair to judge County on that, totally different game after that incident. 
Higgy a lion amongst donkeys

A goal up and a man up and we did very little to convince. 

Stelios had a very good game. Graham's ball across the box to Lindsay for the second was a clever bit of football.

Wonder what AJ's excuse tombola will throw out this week? "Just have to take our chances" and "Playing well without being clinical" are my bets given they are the two most popular out of the 3 he uses. 

Not long back and that wasn't the worst performance, given we were down to 10 men for most of the match, but it's still a defeat.

Our defending for both of the goals - the first one especially - was poor but we did have the occasional moment ourselves, none more so then when Muirhead headed off target at the back stick after El Bakhtaoui picked him out. Shortly afterwards, it's 2-0.

We could've caved after the red card (I was following the ball but by all accounts Higginbotham's swung an elbow, which is sheer stupidity and a deserved red) but we didn't, so that was something at least. Was always going to be a difficult game but the sending off when we were already 1-0 down made it even more so. Big games coming up over the next four weeks.

Thumbs up to the County staff at the ground and in the Staggies Bar pre-match after we arrived. Very welcoming and friendly. Also the Staggie Pie was absolutely tremendous.

Archived