Ross County vs Dunfermline Athletic Sat 24th Nov

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Les Westander of County said:

He's a physio too, so may have some idea where we're going wrong with our players' physical fitness.

There is not much that can be done about impact injuries, other than to train with less intensity and hope that works.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Is Josh Mullin still doing bits for you lot? I'm still not over his screamer at EEP.

Cooled off a little bit, but still doing well. He's arguably scored a better goal since,

Clicky
Terrible luck with injuries this season. Morris breaking his wrist on his first training session back. :lol:
Out: Gardyne, Fontaine, Morris
Doubts: Vigurs, Mckay, Draper
That's arguably 6 first choice players there with the silver lining being that Watson looks like he's back.

I think Draper is going to be just fine. Judging by the official Twitter feed, he was doing some PR thing at Dingwall Tesco along with Cowie and one or two others. I’d rather imagine he’d have been back at the stadium doing rehab if there was any doubt.

A point up there would be a good result but the doom-mongers would still insist we should be beating "teams like Ross County". Our away record hasn't been anywhere near as awful as our home form so think we might get a 2-2 draw.

Morton the next week is far more important. If we lose another home game surely AJs' time is up.

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I think Draper is going to be just fine. Judging by the official Twitter feed, he was doing some PR thing at Dingwall Tesco along with Cowie and one or two others. I’d rather imagine he’d have been back at the stadium doing rehab if there was any doubt.

Funnily enough, he was there instead of Vigurs who was in the original announced line-up.

3 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

A point up there would be a good result but the doom-mongers would still insist we should be beating "teams like Ross County". Our away record hasn't been anywhere near as awful as our home form so think we might get a 2-2 draw.

Morton the next week is far more important. If we lose another home game surely AJs' time is up.

While I'd agree that our away record is very good, our atrocious home record means we need to start winning games, where a draw would normally be acceptable, just to stay in the hunt for top four.

Why would they sack AJ then but not after the Falkirk game? I really can't see him going unless we enter the bottom two or crowds dip dramatically.

3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

While I'd agree that our away record is very good, our atrocious home record means we need to start winning games, where a draw would normally be acceptable, just to stay in the hunt for top four.

Yep, it's why a few weeks back a draw at Inverness wasn't as great a result as heralded, if our intentions are still the top four we're going to need to get points that we wouldn't normally think of as achievable. A Ross County side struggling a tiny bit with form and injuries? We need a draw at least. 

Absolutely no Pars fan would say anything like that. Considering they were pre-season favourites, were able to take two of our players in the summer and hammered us at East End, I'd be amazed if any of our supporters would even think we have a chance tomorrow. Why are you making stuff up? What we should be able to do is beat teams like the worst Falkirk team in living memory. Ross County away? Not even close to the same thing.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Pubs in Dingwall, talk to meh bby. Apparently there's four? 

Best for watching the rugby, any decent for some easy cheap pub scran? Etcetc.

Just go to the Mallard, nearest the ground and as good as you’ll get, food, drink and football, feck the rugby but they’ll probably put it on one screen if you ask.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Pubs in Dingwall, talk to meh bby. Apparently there's four? 

Best for watching the rugby, any decent for some easy cheap pub scran? Etcetc.

The Mallard is pretty much your only option for pub food, although you might struggle for a seat if there are a lot of Dunfermline fans traveling.

You might struggle to see any rugby if the Sellick or EPL game is on at the same.

28 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

The Mallard is pretty much your only option for pub food, although you might struggle for a seat if there are a lot of Dunfermline fans traveling.

You might struggle to see any rugby if the Sellick or EPL game is on at the same.

33 minutes ago, Staggie52 said:

Just go to the Mallard, nearest the ground and as good as you’ll get, food, drink and football, feck the rugby but they’ll probably put it on one screen if you ask.

Hadn't realised that the Rugby didn't kick off till later so not to fussed about it now tbf.

When doing a good old fashioned Google map reconnaissance the only pubs that show up are a Oscars, Caledonian and of course the Mallard, reckon I'll just pop into each tbf. Very achievable. 

Archived