Ross County vs Dunfermline Athletic Sat 24th Nov

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Joe Thomson was brilliant for Dunfermline in the second half.  Nominally on the right, he floated everywhere and found so much space that it was a bit alarming.  Neither Lindsay nor Cowie are the type to sit in front of the defence to stop that kind of play.  I don't think either of them had bad games - and in Lindsay's case I thought he was good yet again - but it wasn't in the managers' plans for the midfielders to sit, they were trying to get the defence to squeeze up the park to compact that space.  Given the pace that El Bakhtaoui threatened with in behind the defence, it was natural that they didn't go so high.  It left a lot of space in the middle for Thomson and others to exploit, despite the numerical disadvantage on paper.  Comrie's patented soft underbelly is a big concern.

15 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

I thought Joe Thomson was brilliant for Dunfermline in the second half.  Nominally on the right, he floated everywhere and found so much space that it was a bit alarming.  Neither Lindsay nor Cowie are the type to sit in front of the defence to stop that kind of play.  I don't think either of them had bad games - and in Lindsay's case I thought he was good yet again - but it wasn't in the managers' plans for the midfielders to sit, they were trying to get the defence to squeeze up the park to compact that space.  Given the pace that El Bakhtaoui threatened with in behind the defence, it was natural that they didn't go so high.  It left a lot of space in the middle for Thomson and others to exploit, despite the numerical disadvantage on paper.  Comrie's patented soft underbelly is a big concern.

In fairness, it's quite easily solvable.  Either get Draper back into central midfield and give Grivosti a run out at the back, or bring in Dylan Dykes for the short term until Morris/New signing/Ian Vigurs comes back/in.

14 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

In fairness, it's quite easily solvable.  Either get Draper back into central midfield and give Grivosti a run out at the back, or bring in Dylan Dykes for the short term until Morris/New signing/Ian Vigurs comes back/in.

I was expecting the Grivosti/Draper solution on Saturday, no Draper or Vigurs in midfield scares me.

Archived