Ross County vs Dunfermline Athletic Sat 24th Nov

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Highlights up.

Clear red, what a fanny.

That's one of the funniest red cards I've seen in a while.  He's even walking off before the ref sends him off.  He's just done a Dunning and quit on his team.

And then falling over kicking over the bottles.  And then Draper getting up to have words.  Glorious.

58 minutes ago, yoda said:

IIRC, he lost the plot previously in Dingwall whilst playing for Partick Thistle. Can't remember the exact incident but I think County were 1-0 up and he went in with a wild lunge on Gardyne.

I remember that game.  He couldn't be arsed chasing back so just took Gardyne out and walked off the pitch.  It's like Martin Woods, if a referee had ever spotted him.

I want to say that game was in Glasgow, though.  You're more likely to be right, but I just remember he took an almighty swipe.

4 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

That's one of the funniest red cards I've seen in a while.  He's even walking off before the ref sends him off.  He's just done a Dunning and quit on his team.

And then falling over kicking over the bottles.  And then Draper getting up to have words.  Glorious.

As honoured as I am to be confused with the great man, I assume you mean Gunning.

While the focus will be on the red card - understandably so, what a tit - the first goal is pretty hilarious viewing as well. How do you contrive to set up so badly defending a corner that a player has as much space as Mullin did there?

As honoured as I am to be confused with the great man, I assume you mean Gunning.
While the focus will be on the red card - understandably so, what a tit - the first goal is pretty hilarious viewing as well. How do you contrive to set up so badly defending a corner that a player has as much space as Mullin did there?

Yup. My bad. Unless you quit on your team in the middle of a game too, which given Morton’s last performance against County, I wouldn’t blame you.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Should check out the Stenny-Falkirk highlights. Aside from the four goals, Stenny take a corner to the edge of the box and not one Falkirk player even bothers to close the guy down. They just treat it like an indirect free kick in the box and defend the goaline.

Should check out the Stenny-Falkirk highlights. Aside from the four goals, Stenny take a corner to the edge of the box and not one Falkirk player even bothers to close the guy down. They just treat it like an indirect free kick in the box and defend the goaline.

That is bizarre. It’s almost as if everyone forgets their task. Not really the place for this, but Stenny appeared to scored exactly the same goal twice for the first two.

That is bizarre. It’s almost as if everyone forgets their task. Not really the place for this, but Stenny appeared to scored exactly the same goal twice for the first two.

I’ll only watch it if you pixelate Harry Paton, As I’ll just cry otherwise. Get him back to Dingwall

Higgy clearly losing it big time. County defender did nothing really, just holding a bit. 

Why did he boot the boards? Was that McManus winding him up?

Hes aff his heid, but not really seen this side of him too much at the pars.

Defending laughable at both goals. A decent organised pars side would have beaten county.

Higginbotham has been a total dick there. Totally uncalled for and nasty shit that could have resulted in a bad injury. As others have said he needs to be absolutely hammered for that. We're a better team with him though so hopefully he gets a fine and has it made clear that further actions will be taken if he does it again. For all the talk of him being a mentalist we've rarely seen him lose his shit and that's just his 3rd red card for us, although that's still 3 too many.

Have to say his booting of the board and subsequent fall was funny though.

Agree with the poster further up about the defending for the first. That's dreadful basic stuff. It's simply someone not marking their man. So easily preventable.

That Muirhead chance..do our strikers just not like goals?

With Dunfermline already a goal down following Billy McKAY's eighth minute opener, the dismissal of Kallum Higginbotham a few minutes later had the potential to pretty much end the match as a contest, I thought.  But, to their credit, the ten men made a decent first of frustrating their hosts, even creating a few chances of their own on the break.  Robbie Muirhead really should have equalised just before the hour when he headed over the bar, when scoring looked easier.

The consequence of this miss was that Ross County pretty much went straight up the park and doubled their lead, Jamie LINDSAY finishing off following a corner-kick.  With about a quarter of an hour remaining, Dunfermline pulled one back when County sub Ross DRAPER bundled one into his own net.  But, to be fair, the visitors never really looked like equalising.

The potential for nicking a point did make for a rather exciting last few minutes though, but the downside of the unlucky Draper's o.g. was that I felt compelled to stay to the bitter end.....and hence endure the 30 minute delay in getting out of the Victoria Park car park. 

A few pix from the match here (scroll down past the Ross co v QOS stuff:

https://ian38018.blogspot.com/2011/05/ross-county-victoria-park.html

Was a big fan of Higgy but f**k him now. He’s clearly chucked it and that’s totally despicable behaviour. Looks like he’s broke an advertisement board as well. Total dick.

Archived