Motherwell v Aberdeen

So Devlin is definitely out so the big question is who partners McKenna. I'd imagine the team will be the same as vs Hibs with Lowe at LB but one of Considine or Ball at CB. Fingers crossed Devlin will be back for the final. I'm hoping Derek saying he's got a lot to do to get ready is just him being a bit cautious.

Good news about Carson being out though I have no idea who Motherwells back up keeper is. But hopefully he's shite.

Prediction: 0-2 - Ferguson and GMS. Scrappy game with us doing enough without being anything special.

ETA - Good news for us Carson being out - shite for him obviously. Always thought he was a pretty decent keeper. Got to be one of the more bizarre injuries for keeping someone out though.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

Cadden also out with a knee injury, might miss most if not all of December apparently.

Just as he was coming back onto a game as well, Tait to right back and Livingstone/ATS to left back then?

I genuinely hope it's Livingstone - he is just off the back of the County game (and obviously scored a belter) - and you probably aren't going to get a better preparation for a young player to step in....

2 hours ago, AngusTheBull said:

Good news about Carson being out though I have no idea who Motherwells back up keeper is. But hopefully he's shite.

We have the keeper - Gillespie - that we signed in the summer to replace Carson (as we assumed he was leaving) - so the guy would have been our 1st choice keeper. He's not played much, so no idea how he compares to Carson....

1 hour ago, Swello said:

I genuinely hope it's Livingstone - he is just off the back of the County game (and obviously scored a belter) - and you probably aren't going to get a better preparation for a young player to step in....

Given he was quite good against County (SPFL team of the week no less) along with the fact that his agent has been quite public about how he deserves his chance then it feels set up for him. ATS has, quite frankly, done f**k all to justify a starting spot. Livingstone on the other hand, has.

Craigan was quoted before the County game:

“This time last year, Allan Campbell played for the reserves in Belfast and he’s never played for us since because he got into the first-team and stayed there,” Craigan said.

“We spoke before the Sligo game and the manager said David [Turnbull] is the same, he goes into the first-team, does well, and doesn’t go back. It’s only been three or four weeks, but he hasn’t been back since, and I hope he never plays for my team again.

“They have to look at David and think ‘I’m just as good as him’, and the game against Ross County is the time to go and show it.”

I said in the general thread, it's hard to argue that the #YoungMotherwell bois aren't at least showing they're worth consideration.

Archived