Motherwell v Aberdeen

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Hopefully Devlin’s injury isn’t too bad but I imagine he will be rested ahead of the cup final 

Imagine Considine coming in as a replacement will be the only change 

Motherwell having a poor season by their standards so I think we will edge this one 

hopefully the internationals don't nobble any more of tbe squad. 

I reckon Motherwell could take us without Shinnie, GMS and Mckenna.

Any sign if Reynolds or Hoban getting back?

Is McHugh suspended for them?

Mercifully I've decided to go to the rugby on Saturday as well instead of this. Even the hassles of getting in and out of Haymarket on rugby day with the shambles Scotrail put on at that station sounds more appealing than our games the now. Mchugh suspended may be a positive? Dunno, could be a home win anyway but won't be of the 3-0 bodying variety that we dished out in both cups last season anyway.

42 minutes ago, BigTamMuller said:

Mercifully I've decided to go to the rugby on Saturday as well instead of this. Even the hassles of getting in and out of Haymarket on rugby day with the shambles Scotrail put on at that station sounds more appealing than our games the now. Mchugh suspended may be a positive? Dunno, could be a home win anyway but won't be of the 3-0 bodying variety that we dished out in both cups last season anyway.

State of this.

31 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Thought Motherwell was a good working class town?
Posh c***s are all at the rugger.

They've got a Tory councillor now. All downhill from here on for them. It'll be Waitrose and Brewdog queues getting blamed next.

I'll be at the football (on my own by the sounds of things) as there hasn't been a Motherwell team pish enough yet to force me to sit in a crowd beside someone who, in all likelihood, will be wearing salmon pink jumbo cords and clapping their leather gloved hands together in a sporting manner. 

I would hope that McHugh being out, that Campbell slots straight in, meaning that we would have our midfielders from the Youth Cup win all starting together (for the first time?). This one is interesting to see if the improved form and shape that we showed against Dundee & Saints was simply as we were playing pish teams or if there is something more substantial in it. That said, I wouldn't imagine we'll be good enough to beat Aberdeen, so I'd be reasonably happy with a point here...

I much prefer the opposition fans being over confident (Hibs, in other words) than this lot on here. However, we should win this to continue our recent winning run. Hopefully, apart from Devlin, everyone comes back from the international sides uninjured and we play the fit starting players from the Hibs match. This would mean Considine in for Devlin. Don’t think this combination, Considine and McKenna, two left footers, worked all that well at McDiarmid, but I don’t think we have much of a choice at the moment. I’d far rather they left Devlin out so that he’ll be fit for the final.

4 hours ago, BigTamMuller said:

I have absolutely no idea what rugby match is on and can’t be bothered looking it up. Why would a football fan go to a rugby friendly, presuming it’s  a friendly as it’s  only November, instead of watching their team. More expensive probably as well.

46 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I have absolutely no idea what rugby match is on and can’t be bothered looking it up. Why would a football fan go to a rugby friendly, presuming it’s  a friendly as it’s  only November, instead of watching their team. More expensive probably as well.

St Mungos Former Fags XI v Stewart’s Blandvilles Cockdippers I believe.

Archived