Motherwell v Aberdeen

12 minutes ago, Mitch said:

I doubt clubs base their scouting and signing choices on Sportscene!
Teams will be aware of Turnbull, but he is still very raw and needs to cut out a few mistakes and loose passing before anyone will offer him a life changing move.

The guy has played about 10 first team games. Give him a chance!

Turnbull has been one of the few positives in what has, overall, been a pretty grim season so far.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The guy has played about 10 first team games. Give him a chance!

Turnbull has been one of the few positives in what has, overall, been a pretty grim season so far.

Not doubting his impact, I’m just not buying into the next superstar vision that some have. He has an excellent touch and a good eye for goal but he loses possession a little too easily at times. Probably due to lack of experience, which will hopefully come in time.

We did tie Ross Forbes down on a four year contract... Just saying...

2 minutes ago, Mitch said:

Not doubting his impact, I’m just not buying into the next superstar vision that some have. He has an excellent touch and a good eye for goal but he loses possession a little too easily at times. Probably due to lack of experience, which will hopefully come in time.

We did tie Ross Forbes down on a four year contract... Just saying...

Someone made the point on another thread that we should tie him down to a longer term deal in any case. When you look at some of the utter shite we've signed (Clay, Lucas, Blyth, Belic, Sammon, Petracompetitionwinner, Nathan Thomas, Robinson, Fletcher, I could go on and on...) why not take a punt on one of our youth players who's came in and made an impression. It can't be any worse.

Yeah I hadn't realised he'd actually caught the rebounded ball on the top of his foot and then finished it. Outstanding.

At the time I thought it was a really scrappy goal, but was a great finish on the telly.

That’s probably the best pitch I’ve seen at Fir Park for a while too.

All in all, a terrible terrible day. Bring on Stenny in the cup.

Archived