Motherwell v Aberdeen

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sportscene highlighting big Alex Gorrin and praising the impact he had on the game was certainly a strange bit of analysis

Not a word for the teenage midfielder he replaced who’d just scored his 3rd goal in his last 4 games or indeed the impressive Bigirimana. Instead deciding to big up a guy that came on with 15 mins to go when we were already 3 goals up. 

I mean don’t get me wrong I thought he looked quite classy and composed myself when he came on but let’s be honest, the game was done and Aberdeen had long since chucked it at that point. 

20 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

Sportscene highlighting big Alex Gorrin and praising the impact he had on the game was certainly a strange bit of analysis

Not a word for the teenage midfielder he replaced who’d just scored his 3rd goal in his last 4 games or indeed the impressive Bigirimana. Instead deciding to big up a guy that came on with 15 mins to go when we were already 3 goals up. 

I mean don’t get me wrong I thought he looked quite classy and composed myself when he came on but let’s be honest, the game was done and Aberdeen had long since chucked it at that point. 

Honestly think they've mistaken Ally Gorrin for Turnbull and decided to do the "look Motherwell aren't all intensity and physicality" thing about the wrong player.

The whole bit was just odd.

As I said on the Sportscene thread though, I'm quite happy for them to ignore Turnbull until we've got him signed up on a 10 year deal.

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

Honestly think they've mistaken Ally Gorrin for Turnbull and decided to do the "look Motherwell aren't all intensity and physicality" thing about the wrong player.

As I said on the Sportscene thread though, I'm quite happy for them to ignore Turnbull until we've got him signed up on a 10 year deal.

Didn’t even notice the chat in the Sportscene thread, my bad.

But aye it seemed like it was actually intended as compliment, to highlight that we actually had footballers in the team. However ignoring Bigi’s impact, never mind Turnbull who between them have started our last 4 games(3 of which we’ve won) and highlighting a guy making his first appearance since August with a 15 minute cameo was just bizarre. 

As an aside I’ve just seen another angle of Turnbull’s goals there, really was a well taken goal. I didn’t quite appreciate it at the time but the way he adjusts his feet/body to control it with a deft first touch before calmly stroking it home almost in one movement was quite delightful.

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Absolutely this....although I do expect Celtic to appear at Xmas time and offer their customary bag of crisps and a bottle of ginger for one of our more promising players / youngsters. In the hope that in a years time they sell him on for £341m. 

Aberdeen were more or less in control until they gifted us the first goal, then seemed to just give up when the second went in so soon afterwards.

I can't remember if it's on our own Youtube channel or the SPFL's, but I'm sure one of the highlights videos has a fan yelling "Tell them like it is Derek!" to McInnes near the end of the match :lol:

7 minutes ago, nsr said:

Aberdeen were more or less in control until they gifted us the first goal, then seemed to just give up when the second went in so soon afterwards.

I can't remember if it's on our own Youtube channel or the SPFL's, but I'm sure one of the highlights videos has a fan yelling "Tell them like it is Derek!" to McInnes near the end of the match :lol:

I thought I heard "dry yer eyes McInnes" on one of them.

15 hours ago, Casagolda said:

I'm quite glad Turnbull isn't being highlighted at the moment, would rather wait until he has signed his new contract before we start raving about him incase other clubs come sniffing about for him.

I'm quite glad Turnbull isn't being highlighted at the moment, would rather wait until he has signed his new contract before we start raving about him incase other clubs come sniffing about for him.

I doubt clubs base their scouting and signing choices on Sportscene!
Teams will be aware of Turnbull, but he is still very raw and needs to cut out a few mistakes and loose passing before anyone will offer him a life changing move.

Archived