Motherwell v Aberdeen

A routine, comfortable away win. We look hopeless against anyone other than the two worst sides in the league and Aberdeen are on a solid run of form, not to mention being a pretty good side.

0-2

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Swello said:

I would hope that McHugh being out, that Campbell slots straight in, meaning that we would have our midfielders from the Youth Cup win all starting together (for the first time?). This one is interesting to see if the improved form and shape that we showed against Dundee & Saints was simply as we were playing pish teams or if there is something more substantial in it. That said, I wouldn't imagine we'll be good enough to beat Aberdeen, so I'd be reasonably happy with a point here...

Just thought I'd point out that Campbell has 3 bookings in this last 24 league matches.  Compare and contrast with McHugh.

Would have been a bit more confident playing Aberdeen a month ago as their form was distinctly dodgy but, from afar at least, they seem to be playing better and getting better results now and against a decent standard of opposition as well (Rangers, Kilmarnock, Hibs).  Might be notable but there where 3 clean sheets in there too.

Given that Aberdeen will almost certainly score against us, we've only kept clean sheets against Dundee and St. Mirren, it will be down to us to get a goal from somewhere to have any kind of shout.

Will be interesting to see if Robinson sticks with the recent 4 at the back change after the Ibrox debacle.  In my opinion some players need that started that match need cleared out - Hartley, McHugh (fortunately suspended), Grimshaw....

We have a really good record against Motherwell in the league at Fir Park in recent years (Won 5 Lost 1) so hopefully that good form will continue. 

Concerned about Devlin injury as he really has looked really good this season and the partnership with McKenna looks really promising.  Aberdeen have been dreadful to watch this season with the lack of creative edge in our play so expecting this to be another game with few chances. 

It should indeed be interesting to see what Robinson does, it looked like the players chucked it at Ibrox and Robinson basically fell just short of saying as much after the game. Limited as they may be, it’s not something you’d ever really level at one of his teams. 

The last time we shipped 7 goals in a game the manager was gone just 2 games later, how Robinson and the players react here should tell us all we need to know.

Hoping we see some sort of reaction from all involved and we come out swinging, fearing another Dundee-esque collapse as per the last days of McGhee.

Quite dissapointed at the revelation of the number of nonces in our support here tbh
I almost went to a rugby match, Scotland v New Zealand it finished 25 - 25. Instead I went to Partick to watch the Well with the ticket in my pocket, it finished 0 - 0.
I've often wondered if life would have turned out differently. [emoji1][emoji1]

I have noticed a worrying trend of apparently non-nonce males coming out with phrases such as 'I actually like the rugby', 'rugby is alright' or 'Enjoyed a day out at Murrayfield'.

It shakes me to my very core and has me wondering where we are headed as a society tbqh.

40 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I have noticed a worrying trend of apparently non-nonce males coming out with phrases such as 'I actually like the rugby', 'rugby is alright' or 'Enjoyed a day out at Murrayfield'.

It shakes me to my very core and has me wondering where we are headed as a society tbqh.

9915D5C8-BDA6-4C71-B522-60525CA2492F.gif

Just when you think you know your own support. It seems we have been infiltrated by tartan blanket wielding, no voting, egg chasers. This is the sort of middle class antics I would expect from our opponents. When did this become socially acceptable?

In regards to the game itself I have little to no confidence in the team at the moment.  Best we can hope for is to try and grind out a draw. We are a million miles away from the team Aberdeen faced last season. To be honest I've not been particularly impressed with the strikers Aberdeen possess however I am fearful of how the likes of Tait/Cadden will stand up to GMS and McGinn in the wide areas.

It will be interesting to see if Robinson rings the changes to his 'trusted players' in his words who have continually let him down. I suspect not.

Now that my croquet club has finished up for the winter, looking forward to making my first league game of the season.

Games against Aberdeen can always go either way, but I genuinely have no prediction as to what will happen here. We could click and take 3 points, but the very same group of players could just as easily collapse and get absolutely dicked again.

I'm going to go with; being freezing and wondering why I bothered.

44 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

They must not have released all tickets then, no danger we'll be taking 4k

I think it is someone that is looking at website and notice that there is 500 odd left - they release tickets in batches. Aberdeen FC haven't said how much is sold as of yet - if it was down to 500 that would be mentioned by now. 

Motherwell is a game that our support can be smaller than normal and i think it will be as it is 1 week before the Final, end of the month, but on a positive on good form so some fans may turn up so expect near 2k support. 

Archived