#YoungMotherwell vs Ro$$ County - Irn Bru Cup QF - 17/11/18

capt_oats

Fans of every other senior side involved get their wish as the final 'Colt' side inevitably get pumped out the cup by the best team in the competition.

No idea what sort of side County will put out but a pretty impossible fixture is even more difficult for Motherwell given David Turnbull's missing as he's away with Scotland u20s.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this one because quite frankly there's f**k all about our first team to be enthusiastic about. They'll get f**k all credit from anyone other than Motherwell fans but that's another season our 'Colts' have been involved that they've beaten senior league sides along the way.

Last season it was an injury time winner in a narrow away loss to Crusaders that put them out and the win against Sligo in the previous round this season was...comfortable.

Reaching the Quarter Final is an achievement in itself...

4d4.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be highly embarrassing if County don't get through this, even with a second XI.  No offence to Motherwell's yoofs but, and I say this as someone who doesn't care too much about the Challenge Cup, I hope County completely dismantle them to the extent that many of them reconsider their futures in football - nothing personal, it's just get the "Colt teams" concept to f**k, it's a nonsense.

Get through this and get that Connah's Quay outfit in the next round, obliterate them, and the entire team can be knighted for services to Scottish Football.

2 hours ago, yoda said:

It would be highly embarrassing if County don't get through this, even with a second XI.  No offence to Motherwell's yoofs but, and I say this as someone who doesn't care too much about the Challenge Cup, I hope County completely dismantle them to the extent that many of them reconsider their futures in football - nothing personal, it's just get the "Colt teams" concept to f**k, it's a nonsense.

Get through this and get that Connah's Quay outfit in the next round, obliterate them, and the entire team can be knighted for services to Scottish Football.

Yet it's in the press today that the SPFL have Colts in a new League 3 on the horizon..

People seemed to think we'd batter the Colts, but it's only 2-1 (Even with 'well down to 10). 

Pity I missed this, should be back to away games next month hopefully.

32 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Disappointed there was over 1000 fans at this. Nobody should be going to a game involving the colts.

Good game, the standard level of referee controversy, the boys did us proud, you would have enjoyed it.

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

People seemed to think we'd batter the Colts, but it's only 2-1 (Even with 'well down to 10). 

Pity I missed this, should be back to away games next month hopefully.

How close to a first team was that?  Our boys held there own against them.

That #youngmotherwell side were an absolute credit to the club today tbqh. No idea how close that was to a County first team but after the first 10-15 mins Motherwell were fully in the game even with 10 men.

James Scott is a potential #baller. Adam Livingstone's free kick was an absolute outrage.

Genuinely enjoyed that as a game.

58 minutes ago, ropy said:

How close to a first team was that?  Our boys held there own against them.

Fraser, Draper, Cowie and Lindsay are usually in the starting line up (admittedly Draper is out of position).

Grivosti and Munro are young lads out of the youth side.

Tony Dingwall is rubbish.

Stelios, McManus, Graham and Stewart are usually on the bench. It was a decent County side.

Thought our boys were excellent, could have put the keeper under more pressure but the general flow of their play was good.  Both goals were conceded to the 7 foot guy with his head.  Great free kick from us and other than conceding the second goal we coped quite well with having 10 men.

Archived