Who still pays for a licence fee?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It was almost impossible to imagine a station worse than STV Scotland but this somehow manages it with ease with its combination of ancient out of copyright films and tenth rate QVC style ripping off the public shows.
Popeye cartoons from pre WW2 not good enough for you eh ? I'm hoping for a movie that's actually in focus one day. It is astonishing they could win a licence with their output though.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:
13 minutes ago, LeeVanTeeth said:
It was almost impossible to imagine a station worse than STV Scotland but this somehow manages it with ease with its combination of ancient out of copyright films and tenth rate QVC style ripping off the public shows.

Popeye cartoons from pre WW2 not good enough for you eh ? I'm hoping for a movie that's actually in focus one day. It is astonishing they could win a licence with their output though.

I did see them showing an ancient  foreign cartoon which managed to cut the subtitles off at both ends.  Quality.

That wasn't in focus either.

Just now, Romeo said:
1 hour ago, git-intae-thum said:
Are you being serious.emoji38.png Surely only an imbecile would believe the bbc does not have bias or an agenda.....especially in Scotland.

My point is they all have an agenda.

My point is, the BBC isn't supposed to have an agenda. It's a public broadcaster and should therefore be completely transparent in it's reporting. The fact that it's not, shows that it favours some TV tax payers over others who contribute the exact same amount.

Just now, welshbairn said:

You'd think from this thread that all the BBC do is news programmes.

No, but the news is a huge part of it. All of the shows and documentaries etc are a great way of gaining peoples trust. Afterall, if the documentaries and shows are of a good standard, then surely we can trust their news services as well? Right?

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You'd think from this thread that all the BBC do is news programmes.

When was the last time they dramatised a Sir Walter Scott novel? I rest my case...

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The BBC is not perfect but it is infinitely preferable to propagandists like Russia Today.

Yes, "preferable". "Preferable" doesn't however mean that it's any better or any more factually accurate. It just means people are more accustomed to the BBC narrative.

Archived