Warriors v Bairns (Scot Cup)

RC55 FFC

Guest Alessandro
54 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Well done Stenny, completely deserved the victory today. It won't happen I suppose but it would be great if you could get a result at Pittodrie in the next round. I might even go to the replay if there was one.

Was in the wee bar after the match which was full of jubilant warriors. Your celebrations are certainly not grudged!

:thumsup2

29 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Stenhousemuir fans must've enjoyed that. When was the last derby?

Enjoy your evenings. emoji4.png

First game since they beat us in the same round 6 years ago. Our first win since Lambie was driven off the road in ‘96 I believe. Can someone check Ray McKinnon is ok. Thoughts and prayers 

Edited by Christophe

If any slither of good comes out of it, its hopefully that we'll see an end to this bizarre, recurring desire from a number of Falkirk fans to hero worship this squad of imposters. Only losing by one goal at home to Ayr and drawing with a dug shit Partick Thistle team had the usual suspects creaming their pants. Make no mistake, the squad is a joke and shame on anyone who continues to praise the same clowns week in week out. 

McKinnon at least seems to get it with him talking about trying to bring in 8 or 9. If we only add 3 or 4 as some seem to be advocating we'd be lucky to get to 20 points. 

I really want to hear who first. When names like Greg Wylde from Plymouth and Benedictious from Raith are names that are kicking about I start to fear the worst.

2 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

(A couple of weeks ago I was out for my dinner in Glasgow and I was sitting across from McKee and he chews with his mouth open and holds his knife and fork in the wrong hand. Make of that what you will.)

That, for me, seals the issues with Falkirk.

I'm thinking several players have their boots on the wrong feet: could anyone confirm?

Went to the game and have to say it was very enjoyable. Maybe a boy who is able to play in goals would make a difference to Falkirk, as Fasan's ineptitude can't give much confidence to the players in front of him. And I'm sure many of the players are better than they looked today.

I don't think it possibly helps the fragility of the players' thoughts that Ray McKinnon reportedly says he wants to bring in a huge squad of replacements in January.

For Stenhousemuir, Harry Cochrane was very impressive, but for a team at the bottom of the third level, they collectively were very good. 

I hope they can get a couple of places higher in their league, and think they should on that display.

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

If any slither of good comes out of it, its hopefully that we'll see an end to this bizarre, recurring desire from a number of Falkirk fans to hero worship this squad of imposters. Only losing by one goal at home to Ayr and drawing with a dug shit Partick Thistle team had the usual suspects creaming their pants. Make no mistake, the squad is a joke and shame on anyone who continues to praise the same clowns week in week out. 

McKinnon at least seems to get it with him talking about trying to bring in 8 or 9. If we only add 3 or 4 as some seem to be advocating we'd be lucky to get to 20 points. 

Granted there are some who think a sleeve tattoo and a trendy haircut= a very good player but in our current predicament I don’t see any good in their opinions being dug shite ??

12 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

That, for me, seals the issues with Falkirk.

I'm thinking several players have their boots on the wrong feet: could anyone confirm?

Went to the game and have to say it was very enjoyable. Maybe a boy who is able to play in goals would make a difference to Falkirk, as Fasan's ineptitude can't give much confidence to the players in front of him. And I'm sure many of the players are better than they looked today.

I don't think it possibly helps the fragility of the players' thoughts that Ray McKinnon reportedly says he wants to bring in a huge squad of replacements in January.

For Stenhousemuir, Harry Cochrane was very impressive, but for a team at the bottom of the third level, they collectively were very good. 

I hope they can get a couple of places higher in their league, and think they should on that display.

Harry Paton

2 hours ago, Christophe said:

First game since they beat us in the same round 6 years ago. Our first win since Lambie was driven off the road in ‘96 I believe. Can someone check Ray McKinnon is ok. Thoughts and prayers

i'm old enough to remember when the two teams were in the bottom division of Scottish football for a couple of seasons. Falkirk won the league by a point from the Shire, Stenny were somewhere in midtable and Alloa Pathetic were the worst team in Scotland. Halcyon days, maybe Ray could give Paul Leetion a call, see if he's available next Saturday.

6 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

That was fantastic, absolutely fantastic. That's the best Stenhousemuir performance I've seen in years - everyone in maroon played well and we thoroughly deserved the win.

My expectations going into the contest were low - Falkirk are a bad side but they had appeared to have shown a degree of competence and organisation in recent weeks, while Stenhousemuir had slumped to the bottom of League 1 and sacked their manager without any apparent thought as what to do next. I thought the visitors would win 2-0, scoring midway through each half in a comfortable display.

And, after seven minutes, I though Stenny were onto a loser when Paul Paton slammed the ball into the net from close range. They were the better team in the opening exchanges, with Tommy Robson a particular danger on the left. Twice he wrong-footed Connor McBrearty as he slalomed into the penalty box and on the second occasion his low cross was, after several attempts, rifled home by Paton.

At this point I feared the worst but we equalised shortly afterwards when McBrearty, unmarked, looped a header beyond Leo Fasan's despairing dive. It was a shabby goal to concede, with no-one appearing to organise the  Falkirk defence. Moments later, McBrearty would do the same thing - unmarked, looping header, into the net - and from that point on, Stenny settled into the match and controlled the play. The backline looked comfortable, beyond clearing long balls aimed at Dennon Lewis, the midfield of Mark Ferry, Harry Paton and Kieron Gibbons knocked the ball amongst themselves, and Mark McGuigan tussled with Aaron Muirhead and Pat Brough, often getting the better of them. McGuigan directed Alan Cook's cross narrowly beyond the post and there were a number of shots blocked on the edge of the area. It was straightforward stuff.

Just as the match neared the interval, Falkirk equalised. It was probably the moment of the game - Deimantas Petravicius raced onto a long ball and, with a gorgeous backheel, teed up Joe McKee to arrow a first-time shot low into the corner of the net. (A couple of weeks ago I was out for my dinner in Glasgow and I was sitting across from McKee and he chews with his mouth open and holds his knife and fork in the wrong hand. Make of that what you will.)

It was a crap time to concede and I wondered if it would alter the match and turn it in the Bairns favour but it did not. Stenhousemuir were the better side throughout the second half - Paton was becoming increasingly influential and was fouled about five or six times in succession. Lewis Kidd scythed through him after the whistle had gone and he could have seen a red card if referee Alan Newlands had been a bit more unfavourable. The Warriors retook the lead when Brough, I think, made a hash of controlling a long ball and allowed Mark Ferry to steam in on goal. Rather than shooting, Ferry, excellently, teed up Sean Dickson to stroke the ball into an unguarded net. A beautiful goal and one his performance deserved.

Falkirk could do nothing to change the pattern of the match and their flurry of substitutions failed to make any impact. At the death, McGuigan capped his display by holding off his marker, rolling round him and shooting across Fasan and into the net. I couldn't quite believe what I was seeing.

Falkirk are a very bad side, make no mistake. They're probably the poorest side we've faced this season. Lewis is quite pacy up top and Petravicius showed a lovely touch to set up McKee's equaliser but other than that they left no impression. Out passed and out fought for the majority of the game - unacceptable against the worst side in League 1. They could not get close to Paton, Dickson or McGuigan all game. Pat Brough could well be one of the worst defenders I've seen in a long time. For all the "let's get to January" talk, there are so many faults with this side that it'll take more than one transfer window to sort. Ray McKinnon really has a hard job on his hands.

Stenhousemuir were brilliant. Everyone excelled themselves and with a hitherto unseen fire. It's hard to pick a man of the match but I'd probably give it to Sean Dickson - I don't think I've ever seen him play wide right before but Jordan McGhee didn't get near him once. I'm looking forward to the upcoming fourth-round match with Aberdeen but I do hope we can build on this match and take it into next weekend's game against Arbroath. Picking up a point there would be a massive step in leading us away from the bottom of the table.

That’s exactly what the Scottish cup is all about; enjoy your night. They done you proud and were more than worthy of the win (to the extent the result flattered us) especially in the second half. Really hope you go on a good cup run now.

As marsh said; it’s a massive wake up call to the plebs who thought we were ‘back’.

This is quite possibly the lowest point I’ve felt as a Falkirk fan since the relegation year that never happened. Absolutely embarrassing. January can’t come quick enough.

Edited by wee_bairn

1 hour ago, wee_bairn said:

That’s exactly what the Scottish cup is all about; enjoy your night. They done you proud and were more than worthy of the win (to the extent the result flattered us) especially in the second half. Really hope you go on a good cup run now.

As marsh said; it’s a massive wake up call to the plebs who thought we were ‘back’.

This is quite possibly the lowest point I’ve felt as a Falkirk fan since the relegation year that never happened. Absolutely embarrassing. January can’t come quick enough.

Me and my mate had a discussion on the way to the station about whether today was rock bottom (and in truth it probably is) but all we could muster was indifference. That's how bad we've been for the past year or so. 

Not sure how you even evaluate that performance at a team or player level, but special mentions to Fasan for fumbling two routine saves which led to the set plays Stenny scored their first two goals from, the clownshoes defending from said set plays and Dennon Lewis for missing two sitters at our opening goal and generally being a complete fucking waste of space. 

Edited by lanky_ffc

Felt nice lads. We destroyed from the first to the last hahahahahaha

Enjoy your Brough lads.
May I add get it right round you c***s.

You are spewing.
Pleasing.

For the first 10 mins I thought Falkirk were impressive.
After that we absolutely done you lads. Least you never threw anything at our keeper and made an arse of it.
4-2 lads.

My word.