Warriors v Bairns (Scot Cup)

RC55 FFC

I think the commentators thought McGuigan got at least a hat trick. Can only assume it was the only player the knew so just claimed he scored the lot.
Well done to Sarge Bullman. If Bairnardo mentions you by name then he got at least mildly annoyed by your posts. I'm guessing the genuine fear of fans in Falkirk abandoning the Bairns for the Warriors touched a nerve.
How was the Gulnar shagger?

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
3 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:
I think the commentators thought McGuigan got at least a hat trick. Can only assume it was the only player the knew so just claimed he scored the lot.
Well done to Sarge Bullman. If Bairnardo mentions you by name then he got at least mildly annoyed by your posts. I'm guessing the genuine fear of fans in Falkirk abandoning the Bairns for the Warriors touched a nerve.

How was the Gulnar shagger?

Aye quality m8. Had to leave a bit early so I could get back in time for I'm a Celeb y'know?

Nice of Ray McKinnon and the other Falkirk TV guys giving credit to our performance by paying us no respect whatsoever. 

"Fought hard for 90 mins and took their chances"

Let's have it right - that was a comprehensive shoeing dished out by the Warriors. At times we played some excellent football - some of the inter-passing between Paton, Dickson, Ferry and Cook was tremendous. 

"Simple but effective"

No, definitely not bitter at all.

Nice of Ray McKinnon and the other Falkirk TV guys giving credit to our performance by paying us no respect whatsoever. 
Let's have it right - that was a comprehensive shoeing dished out by the Warriors. At times we played some excellent football - some of the inter-passing between Paton, Dickson, Ferry and Cook was tremendous. 
"Simple but effective"

Real tears, etc

1 hour ago, Sarge Bullman said:

"Simple but effective"

It was a pain having to stand next to them whilst they were saying it

2 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Having watched back the highlights eight or nine times already, Falkirk's defending really has to be seen to be believed. Stenhousemuir's goals were all very well taken but they were aided and abetted by some truly appalling errors:

• Connor McBrearty's equaliser was well taken but Tommy Robson doesn't seem to have a clue where he is when he pounces in front of him to thump home the header. Robson doesn't even jump, he just arches his back to unbalance McBrearty
  • Lewis Kidd appears to be marking McBrearty at his second but is caught on his heels and allows the centre-back to steam in ahead of him to meet the cross
  • The third goal could well be the worst - Harry Paton has about five Falkirk players around him before he releases the ball. Paton's pass is poor but Aaron Muirhead, who had a terrible afternoon, simply falls over as sets up a three-on-one opportunity for Stenny. Mark Ferry squares to Sean Dickson to pass into the net. Who was marking him? He had the whole right-hand side of the pitch to himself
  • There's a lot going on in Mark McGuigan's goal. Firstly, Leo Fasan's clearance is poor and it goes high into the air (why did he hit it first time when he had time to take a touch and compose himself?), no-one challenges Kieron Gibbons when the ball comes down and his headed pass neatly falls into the path of Mark McGuigan, who holds of Patrick Brough, rolls him with ease, and finishes well

It's not just the goals though - what about the moment early into the second half when a corner was played to Connor Duthie on the edge of the area, who controlled it and was allowed to have a shot on goal? Everyone seemed terrified to close him down.

A new goalkeeper and a new centre-back must surely be one of Ray McKinnon's many priorities. I'd read about how bad Fasan had been this season but he was especially poor yesterday. Rooted to his goal-line for both of McBrearty's goals and treated the ball as if it was a live grenade. I remember Muirhead being a good player at Partick Thistle and while he didn't look fully fit yesterday he was so far off the pace.

Yea, but neither Robson or Kidd should have been anywhere near McBrearty in those circumstances, particularly for the 2nd when he'd had a free header for the 1st!

3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Oh dear, clearly rattles mate! Love when we lose and other fans show themselves up aha. So much better than winning games! Salty salty tears. 

"Simple but effective"

Calm doon pal, you won.

Just saw the highlights of this one on Youtube and ouch, Falkirk's defending was pretty dire.  Especially the third goal, what was number 4 doing when he sorta flails about and falls over giving the Stenhousemuir player time to set up the goal.  Credit to Stenny though, some good looking goals, number 22 (McBrearty?) scored a couple of nice headers, and some of the passing looked good.  Also looked as though Harry Paton had a good game 

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
4 hours ago, Sarge Bullman said:
"Simple but effective"

Real tears, etc

Rattled is as rattled does