Warriors v Bairns (Scot Cup)

RC55 FFC

Most hilarious moment..... Fasan diving at the third goal, watched it 10 times and still pissing myself, Goalie? 
The highlights showed his fondness for a tv camera save. Some of the big massive dives and palming the ball out looked catchable to me although I am obviously not a keeper.

There is no doubt that catching the ball and commanding is box is way beyond him though.

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The highlights showed his fondness for a tv camera save. Some of the big massive dives and palming the ball out looked catchable to me although I am obviously not a keeper.

There is no doubt that catching the ball and commanding is box is way beyond him though.

He should hold at least half of the saves he palms out, his kicking is that more of a rugby player, he's just murder. 

6 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

Me and my mate had a discussion on the way to the station about whether today was rock bottom (and in truth it probably is) but all we could muster was indifference. That's how bad we've been for the past year or so. 

Not sure how you even evaluate that performance at a team or player level, but special mentions to Fasan for fumbling two routine saves which led to the set plays Stenny scored their first two goals from, the clownshoes defending from said set plays and Dennon Lewis for missing two sitters at our opening goal and generally being a complete fucking waste of space. 

I made a similar comment after the game also. Couldn't believe how impassive the Falkirk fans were after the game. I was hoping for 1996 style Main Stand protest with reports that the manager had been driven off the road by an irate fan.

It seems the Falkirk fans just don't care anymore. 

34 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Got to be honest, if Falkirk were to play Arbroath or Raith Rovers i reckon they'd concede  either 8 or 14 goals to them. 

Without reply.

32 minutes ago, Redwedge77 said:

Pissing myself at the token Falkirk scarf being thrown onto the pitch as the final Stenny goal went it.

It would also appear that there was a few young Warriors going ABSOLUTELY MENTAL in the Falkirk end after the 3rd goal went in. 

Safe to say that a lot of the Falkirk fans kids, grandkids, niece's and nephew's will grow up to become Warriors fans.

When you support a wee team there are a lot of times when you are frustrated and disappointed at what is being served up.  All these times are fogotten when you get days like yeterday.

That was as good if not better than the time we did them 2-0 at Brockville in the days of John Lambie.

From the moment FF announced "our friends from Grangemouth" to the final whistle is was a great roller coaster emotion of a day.  Going a goal down I thought our hopes were gone but a great performance from the team showed otherwise. Everyone in maroon was a hero, each with a desire to win which was not apparent in Falkirk.  Sean Dickson had an outstanding match at did Harry Paton. Paton appered to be back to his old self, running at and tormenting the opposition so much so that he was scythed down by a Falkirk player moments after he had nutmegged him.

Sheer euphoria at our goals and great joy in singing "Cheerio" to the council boys as they slinked out of the ground with their tails between their legs.

Great day thanks lads.

Having watched back the highlights eight or nine times already, Falkirk's defending really has to be seen to be believed. Stenhousemuir's goals were all very well taken but they were aided and abetted by some truly appalling errors:

• Connor McBrearty's equaliser was well taken but Tommy Robson doesn't seem to have a clue where he is when he pounces in front of him to thump home the header. Robson doesn't even jump, he just arches his back to unbalance McBrearty
  • Lewis Kidd appears to be marking McBrearty at his second but is caught on his heels and allows the centre-back to steam in ahead of him to meet the cross
  • The third goal could well be the worst - Harry Paton has about five Falkirk players around him before he releases the ball. Paton's pass is poor but Aaron Muirhead, who had a terrible afternoon, simply falls over as sets up a three-on-one opportunity for Stenny. Mark Ferry squares to Sean Dickson to pass into the net. Who was marking him? He had the whole right-hand side of the pitch to himself
  • There's a lot going on in Mark McGuigan's goal. Firstly, Leo Fasan's clearance is poor and it goes high into the air (why did he hit it first time when he had time to take a touch and compose himself?), no-one challenges Kieron Gibbons when the ball comes down and his headed pass neatly falls into the path of Mark McGuigan, who holds of Patrick Brough, rolls him with ease, and finishes well

It's not just the goals though - what about the moment early into the second half when a corner was played to Connor Duthie on the edge of the area, who controlled it and was allowed to have a shot on goal? Everyone seemed terrified to close him down.

A new goalkeeper and a new centre-back must surely be one of Ray McKinnon's many priorities. I'd read about how bad Fasan had been this season but he was especially poor yesterday. Rooted to his goal-line for both of McBrearty's goals and treated the ball as if it was a live grenade. I remember Muirhead being a good player at Partick Thistle and while he didn't look fully fit yesterday he was so far off the pace.

I think the commentators thought McGuigan got at least a hat trick. Can only assume it was the only player the knew so just claimed he scored the lot.

Well done to Sarge Bullman. If Bairnardo mentions you by name then he got at least mildly annoyed by your posts. I'm guessing the genuine fear of fans in Falkirk abandoning the Bairns for the Warriors touched a nerve.