Annan Ath v The Binos

Well it’s off to Annan on Saturday we go to see if we can improve on previous visits to Galabank when usually we end up with nothing.

Here’s hoping the KR improvement continues and we might come away from Annan with something to show for our efforts this time.

Will be difficult Annan coming off a lose at home last week to Cowdenbeath and clearly do not want to start dropping points to teams below them.

So fingers crossed that the improvement continues under KR and we get the 3 points.

Prediction Annan 1 The Mighty Binos 2.

We've got to travel there confident of getting a win. 1 win, 1 draw and 1 defeat under KR is probably a "no big deal" stat for the Annan team to look at, however it's the way we have played in those games that give us the confidence that we can climb the table and that we are a shadow of the team that Dave Mackay left behind.

I'm confident, I suspect the players will be as well, and if we have any real aspiration to make the Play Offs then this match could go a long way to getting us there as it would reduce the gap to 7 points. 

I think we'll be very cagey regarding Kevs return to Galabank. He obviously knows our squad well and quite honestly we've been more miss than hit over the last few months.

I'm hoping to see Annan change the starting 11 a bit. Young Tommy Muir seems to be struggling. Although neither have been great from the bench I think an Aidan Smith/Ross Fergusson partnership should be started tomorrow.

The finest away day in Scotland has arrived upon us again, absolutely buzzing. We'll have a good support down as per, can't think why though.

As for the game, we've improved quite a bit since KR has taken over and the boys looking willing to actually fight. Quite confident of getting a result, although Annan are no mugs. Bring it on.

As has been said this could be tough for us as Kev knows our squad and how we prepare. I’m hoping Murphy might surprise him with some sort of changes to the team. Mainly Ferguson up front for me and get Mitchell back in goal. Muir has done alright but he’s struggled lately so would like to see Ferguson get a little run.

As has been said this could be tough for us as Kev knows our squad and how we prepare. I’m hoping Murphy might surprise him with some sort of changes to the team. Mainly Ferguson up front for me and get Mitchell back in goal. Muir has done alright but he’s struggled lately so would like to see Ferguson get a little run.

I would like to see Ferguson and Smith up front.
Also like to see Peter Watson start the game too.

16 hours ago, athletic 1 said:

Mainly Ferguson up front for me and get Mitchell back in goal. Muir has done alright but he’s struggled lately so would like to see Ferguson get a little run.

Well you got your Mitchell wish but the forward line's still the same, Muir & Wright. Let's hope Murphy's patience pays off

Good point away to Annan, after a poor first half Annan deserved to go in front 1-0. Second half KR made 2 changes off went Barr and Horne to be replaced by Banner and Hughes for the start and it seemed to work we started to get into the game and we were rewarded by a great touch by Dylan Mackin to score to make it 1-1. 

Unfortunately for us Annan then got a 2nd goal and it looked like we were heading for a another defeat at Galabank before Dominic Docherty hit a great strke to earn us a share of the points but it was close at the end Annan might have scored bar a great save from Cammie Binnie to get us a share of the points. 

Was quite happy to come away from Galabank with a point against a good Annan side who on previous Albion  visits to Galabank would have taken all 3 points. 

Next game is at home in 2 weeks time to Elgin and we need to make sure we get all 3 points on that occasion. 

Happy with the result tbh. A few weeks back Annan would have pumped us. Defence is still shaky but I'm sure KR will try and sort that in January. Docherty's goal was an absolute belter and that pile on hurt. God bless Annan away.

Good highlights package there, the clips showed summed the game up pretty well I reckon. 

Decent game and at the end of it I thought maybe a draw was fair, but looking back, and especially now with the assistance of the highlights to back me up, Annan will be gutted not to have won that.

Stirling should be worried about the amount of times Annan players managed to waltz right into the box, Annan's 2nd goal for example. At the time I thought Stirling's 2nd was a screamer, but it looks like it deflected. Credit to Docherty for taking it on though, looks a good player. Some good saves by Binnie too. 

Back to the chat about Annan's misfiring forward line, I thought Muir & Wright actually did well yesterday, except for all the offsides! Maybe Murphy's sticking with Muir for his battling, he won a good few challenges in the air which Fergusson didn't when he came on - from long balls I mean, of course his header from the last minute corner could have made it another story.

Loved the Stirling fans getting a ball for a half time kickabout on the wee MUGA pitch! How did that turn out for ye's? A rapid 18 a side Shed fuelled scramble?!

From watching the video ‘clip’ the obvious factor for me is how much Annan is missing it’s big central defenders. Both Stirling’s goals came from the Annan players inability to effectively clear their lines and hesitate when they should have closed down.
When Swinglehurst heads clear the ball moves a distance and he is the one that throws his body in to block shots. The Stirling lads took their chances well but were given time to deliver which included a bit of keepie uppie for the first one.

2 hours ago, Emfaefifeyahoorsur said:

From watching the video ‘clip’ the obvious factor for me is how much Annan is missing it’s big central defenders. 

Completely agree with all that. It's been hard to be critical of Hooper, Sonkur & Bradley when up until the Cowden game last week so few goals have been conceded in Swinglehurst & Watson's absence, but yes even having one of them back would make a big difference. Their presence, no nonsense and leadership was missed in the 2nd half on Saturday. 

Archived