Random things you didn't know.

The master version of the kilogram is a platinum ingot which is locked in a vault in Paris. 

I'll be surprised if I'm not beating off a queue of ladies with a shitty stick at the next party I'm at now that I have that piece of information in my armoury. 

43 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

The master version of the kilogram is a platinum ingot which is locked in a vault in Paris. 

I'll be surprised if I'm not beating off a queue of ladies with a shitty stick at the next party I'm at now that I have that piece of information in my armoury. 

That is so yesterday. Literally. The ladies will point at you and laugh.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/nov/16/the-weight-is-over-kilogram-redefined-at-emotional-conference

3 hours ago, BigBo10 said:

I’ve never heard them called juice in Scotland either. Juice is diluting drinks. Fizzy drinks are ginger.

Reminds me of that story (allegedly true) of the night when Rangers FC were on a night out in Glasgow after a cup win during the 90s.

They were having a meal and just about to start on their first course, when the waiter asked Barry Ferguson if he would like some ginger to go with his melon.

Naaw, says Bazza...... I think the boss is gonna get us some wine....

4 hours ago, BigBo10 said:

I’ve never heard them called juice in Scotland either. Juice is diluting drinks. Fizzy drinks are ginger.

step daughter is at university in newcastle and, for the avoidance of doubt, the locals refer to juice which need water added as "dilutey juice"

Your nose is actually in pretty much full view of your eyes, however because your brain sees it as unimportant and always there it fools your eyes in to ignoring that it's actually there.
im sure this has been a continuing thing through evolution. the nose was originally the main sensory organ, much like a dog etc, so it was unnecessary to see it. sure i read that somewhere or perhaps talking pish!