Six Pointa Berwick vs Albion

I thought it was a pretty good game. Both teams trying to play the right way and not so much of the aimless hoofing up the park that you see too often at this level.

This is a much improved Berwick team and Harvey’s impact is obvious. Work rate, desire and quality of football better and the first time we’ve seen back to back victories in nearly 3 years. All despite having a severely depleted squad. Early days, but things are looking up again both on and off the pitch.

Have to agree with the above. A decent enough match played out between two sides determined to play out from the back and keep things on the deck - probably buoyed by recent managerial arrivals. Albion certainly started the better side but after the opening 20 we took control and after the opener I don't think the result was ever in much doubt. Solid team performance but there were two standouts for me. Both trialists did well but #2 was probably my MotM - he looked very solid and barely put a foot wrong. Paul Willis though. Way too good for League 2, only man who constantly made himself available, always a threat on the ball and his delivery is superb. Also quite pleasing to see him get it up the away support. Some boy. 

On 18/11/2018 at 14:55, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

Have to agree with the above. A decent enough match played out between two sides determined to play out from the back and keep things on the deck - probably buoyed by recent managerial arrivals. Albion certainly started the better side but after the opening 20 we took control and after the opener I don't think the result was ever in much doubt. Solid team performance but there were two standouts for me. Both trialists did well but #2 was probably my MotM - he looked very solid and barely put a foot wrong. Paul Willis though. Way too good for League 2, only man who constantly made himself available, always a threat on the ball and his delivery is superb. Also quite pleasing to see him get it up the away support. Some boy. 

Willis was absolutely shite for the Rovers in League 1.

On 17/11/2018 at 21:23, Pugsley said:

Enjoyed the game very much. Berwick did well to absorb the pressure for the first 20 mins, then gradually edged their way into the game. I thought the ref must have been wearing red under his kit at times especially in the first half. Well done Berwick a very pleasing result and 3 much needed points. :thumsup2

He could get cream for that.

16 hours ago, Bold Rover said:

Willis was absolutely shite for the Rovers in League 1.

He looked like a footballer on Saturday, and not the heartless player we had. I always thought there was talent there, but I don't think I've seen anyone less likely to win a 50/50 that 'Wincey' during his time with us.

He also stuck it right round us when he scored, which is fair enough.

Archived