Six Pointa Berwick vs Albion

After last week's mini revival fuelled by the Sensational Johnny Harvey's  revolution, it's a must win for both sides at Shielfield this Saturday.  With a goal fest the last time we met, I'm predicting a high scoring encounter so 1-0 to The Dream team, hatrick for A Trialist

This won't be close to easy. Albion have a new manager too and have played well in recent narrow defeats. 

Wilson and Neil will be back so it's hard to predict the team selection especially if the boss has to ration the appearances of the Penicuik "trialists" until January. 

Crucial game though so several more red cards. 

First away game of the season for me. They've hardly been worth watching in Coatbridge never mind anywhere else.

I suspect its too early to see much of a response to our new manager, but performances have been better of recent. Avoiding defeat therefore has to be the aim but we still ship goals at an alarming rate so I expect it to be a pretty fraught game. 3-3 .

Looking forward to the chips; best football food in Scotland, without a doubt, even surpassing Brechin's soup.

32 minutes ago, Aloysius Snuffleupagus said:

First away game of the season for me. They've hardly been worth watching in Coatbridge never mind anywhere else.

I suspect its too early to see much of a response to our new manager, but performances have been better of recent. Avoiding defeat therefore has to be the aim but we still ship goals at an alarming rate so I expect it to be a pretty fraught game. 3-3 .

Looking forward to the chips; best football food in Scotland, without a doubt, even surpassing Brechin's soup.

In England you mean.

Good luck anyway.

Great performance from both sides really.  Albion came out the traps quickly and deserved a goal for there play, possibly should have had a penalty. 

Berwick crept there way into the game and managed to get ahead with a well taken goal from Healy. 

Second half we were in complete control and passed the ball about well. Loads of energy and good play.

Forbes got skinned three times in the opening ten mins but recovered to have a superb game alongside Hume but it was O'Kane who gets my MOTM vote. First to everything, kept it simple, closed down the spaces when defending and worked his bollocks off.

Long way to go but good to feel a buzz about the place. 

With 9 or 10 first teamers missing, this was a decent performance. Albion played well too, to be fair and edged the first half. 

Sound displays from Trialists, Healey, Willis. O'Kane and a neat cameo from Neill give lots of hope and a reason to fall asleep pissed on the way home. 

Enjoyed the game very much. Berwick did well to absorb the pressure for the first 20 mins, then gradually edged their way into the game. I thought the ref must have been wearing red under his kit at times especially in the first half. Well done Berwick a very pleasing result and 3 much needed points. :thumsup2

Archived