Airdrie v East Fife

Watched the highlights,

Goal 1 - textbook

Goal 2 - too easy

Goal 3 - poor keeping

Goal 4 - even softer than I first thought, Wilkie was on his way down before Watson even went across him

Goal 5 - handball and fortunate deflection

Goal 5 - breakaway, good run from the boy with the hair though

Pity the highlights didn't show Crighton's tackle to see if it should have been a red, before he scored, also none of the replays show the handball in the build up to the 3rd goal - embarrassed/good editing???

and how offside was Duffy before he scored???

IMG_4672.jpg

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Watched the highlights,

Goal 1 - textbook

Goal 2 - too easy

Goal 3 - poor keeping

Goal 4 - even softer than I first thought, Wilkie was on his way down before Watson even went across him

Goal 5 - handball and fortunate deflection

Goal 5 - breakaway, good run from the boy with the hair though

Pity the highlights didn't show Crighton's tackle to see if it should have been a red, before he scored, also none of the replays show the handball in the build up to the 3rd goal - embarrassed/good editing???

and how offside was Duffy before he scored???

IMG_4672.thumb.jpg.80c5eac011e53a6436998fc695145f26.jpg

I presume you're fishing with this one but hey, I'll bite.

The pass doesn't go to Duffy, it goes to McIntosh who is definitely onside.

Don't think we'll ever agree on the penalty but as an Airdrie fan I'd be angry if we didn't get it cause it looks pretty conclusive.

Also, nice counting...

Deserved win for Airdrie, it's typical of East Fife to follow up a great win followed by an abysmal loss! I'll take 3rd in the league at this stage of the season

Agreed. If we stay in the top 4 though it will be an amazing achievement considering our start. A bit worried that when we play on relatively poor pitches like yesterday( and Dumbarton) we tend to fold too easily- our midfield are excellent football players but I fear too light and worry about the months ahead particularly away from home.

Yesterday we started with the 11 that finished against Raith. Understand the logic as in the final 20 minutes last week all our chances came down the left with Dowds terrorising the RB. Yesterday most of his time and energy was spent from middle to back- think he is a natural forward not midfielder and think sparky is not a natural defender and requires a lot of support defensively.

All said and done delighted to be third- take that at the end of the season- every team can beat every team in this league( with the exception of Arbroath- albeit a long way to go) onwards and forwards

Don't think we'll ever agree on the penalty but as an Airdrie fan I'd be angry if we didn't get it cause it looks pretty conclusive.
Also, nice counting...

No we won't agree mate, it was a dive, remember we've had him for the last 3 seasons and we know his tricks, but we cheered when he won them for us so you have to take it on the chin when he does it against you!!!
Still a dive though!!!

Thanks!!!

Airdrie deserved to go in 2 down at h/t tbh, we were a mess but the late 1st half goal gave us hope.

We were still pretty hopeless for quarter of an hour but the softish pen fortified us.

Thereafter it was all us,  the front four stepped up the pace.

East Fife are a really good side, no doubt about that.   They'll get a playoff place.  

Airdrie deserved to go in 2 down at h/t tbh, we were a mess but the late 1st half goal gave us hope.
We were still pretty hopeless for quarter of an hour but the softish pen fortified us.
Thereafter it was all us,  the front four stepped up the pace.
East Fife are a really good side, no doubt about that.   They'll get a playoff place.  

^^^ This!!!

Jut watched the highlights there an I've changed my mind for the penalty. From where we were sitting it looked like a handball just before it, But it clearly hits the defenders head I think.

At the time I thought the foul was soft, but having seen it again, definite foul and penalty.

I stand by what I said at the 3rd, clear hand ball to control it after its bounced, but then he STILL carried the ball a good 20 yards after it, and had time to pass to Wilkie while 3 defenders watched him shoot. So aye by all means blame the ref for missing the hand, but have a wee look at the defence also during the pass and shot.

Re. Crighton. I said straight after the match it was a red, boy fouled him by pulling him back, ref rightly gave the foul and he stupidly kicked out, then had the audacity to argue the yellow. Could have had no complaints if he had seen red.

ETA. Wtf is the keeper doing at the 4th?

Jut watched the highlights there an I've changed my mind for the penalty. From where we were sitting it looked like a handball just before it, But it clearly hits the defenders head I think.

At the time I thought the foul was soft, but having seen it again, definite foul and penalty.

I stand by what I said at the 3rd, clear hand ball to control it after its bounced, but then he STILL carried the ball a good 20 yards after it, and had time to pass to Wilkie while 3 defenders watched him shoot. So aye by all means blame the ref for missing the hand, but have a wee look at the defence also during the pass and shot.

Re. Crighton. I said straight after the match it was a red, boy fouled him by pulling him back, ref rightly gave the foul and he stupidly kicked out, then had the audacity to argue the yellow. Could have had no complaints if he had seen red.

ETA. Wtf is the keeper doing at the 4th?

Soft and a clear dive!!!

How far he traveled with the ball is pretty irrelevant, if the foul is given, as it should have been the rest of your description is moot, could argue that you clearly see three defenders stopping with their hands in the air clearly expecting the obvious foul to be given, but it's not and they have to start running again against a player already in motion!!!

The more I think about it it's also obvious that the Crighton incident is the turning point in the match, he gets correctly sent off, he obviously then doesn't score, 2-0 at half time, 45 minutes against 10 men, the games won!!!

Newlands is a useless p***k!!!

Eta - what was yours doing at our 2nd???

Soft and a clear dive!!!
How far he traveled with the ball is pretty irrelevant, if the foul is given, as it should have been the rest of your description is moot, could argue that you clearly see three defenders stopping with their hands in the air clearly expecting the obvious foul to be given, but it's not and they have to start running again against a player already in motion!!!
The more I think about it it's also obvious that the Crighton incident is the turning point in the match, he gets correctly sent off, he obviously then doesn't score, 2-0 at half time, 45 minutes against 10 men, the games won!!!
Newlands is a useless p***k!!!
Eta - what was yours doing at our 2nd???

You don't always have to be as raging at the world KK, Lighten up.

Our keeper was flapping at a ball in his own box and fluffing a punch. I'm not as devastated to admit the keeper made a rip roaring c*nt of it, and I'll happily agree with anyone (rightly) slating him for it. You just seem very defensive of any other clubs fans who dare to say a bad word about anything to do with East Fife on the football park.

You don't always have to be as raging at the world KK, Lighten up.

Our keeper was flapping at a ball in his own box and fluffing a punch. I'm not as devastated to admit the keeper made a rip roaring c*nt of it, and I'll happily agree with anyone (rightly) slating him for it. You just seem very defensive of any other clubs fans who dare to say a bad word about anything to do with East Fife on the football park.

Would it have helped if I'd put a smilie emoji at the end???

Not raging, was, but not now!!!

But tbh, you could have mentioned our keepers ineffectual attempt at a clearance at your 1st and his going down in chapters at your third!!!

Not a great day for the subby keeper!!!

[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Eta - the Scotland game cheered me up and then I found out about that bet you had on Saturday night which you didn't share and then I was raging again!!![emoji35][emoji35]

slotted beyond the keeper who looked like he went down in installments but I'd need to see it again from the TV angle.

But tbh, you could have mentioned our keepers ineffectual attempt at a clearance at your 1st and his going down in chapters at your third!!!
Not a great day for the subby keeper!!!

I did mention it in my first post after the game.
But you're right and tbh neither keeper covered themselves in glory at various points.

I'll add a few Smiley's as well for an amicable ending.
[emoji16][emoji16]

I did mention it in my first post after the game.
But you're right and tbh neither keeper covered themselves in glory at various points.

I'll add a few Smiley's as well for an amicable ending.
[emoji16][emoji16]

^^^ still doesn't mention the hot tip I notice!!![emoji17]

???

Sitting in the Nepalese restaurant in Airdrie with the Mrs last night, 2 guys in the booth next to us start talking to a guy at another table, obviously mates from the bookies etc...

"Did you yet on that 10/1 tip the day"

"Aye mate amazing cheers"

"Well I've had a phone call about a dog running the night, last race at shelbourne (11:30pm), probably be about 3/1ish"

So me overhearing it fires on it, 5/2 on willie hill (in from 7/2) and 3/1 on paddy power.

_20181118_075501.thumb.JPG.88042c00be68cd34fa18ad57b8b9960c.JPG_20181118_075530.thumb.JPG.56c5e96e23ab90b01fcdeeefb248371a.JPG

[emoji22]

IMG_4675.jpg

Honest assessment as always.

I am sure on reviewing the highlights will also be disappointed that defenders turned the backs at goal number 3- need to show a bit more courage.

Think they were caught flat footed waiting for the whistle that never came for the handball, just like at Arbroath!!!
Thought they would have learned their lesson from that one and play to the whistle!!!

Archived