Airdrie v East Fife

We were pretty grim today to be honest. Never really deserved the 2-0 lead on the balance of play. The second in particular was just calamitous defending that we took advantage of.
Failed to get a grip of the midfield and absolutely nothing was sticking up top which just meant Airdrie were free to keep coming at us. At HT, something needed to change or it just felt inevitable we were going to let this one slip.
Agreed about Dowds out on the left, seemed a bizarre one. OK, Watt didn't have his best game last week but he's had a good season so far and if he's going to be dropped it would have made for more sense to play Slattery there to me.
Fair play to Airdrie. Seems like there's always a clanger or two waiting in that defence but they looked a lot better than you'd expect based on their fans posts on here. Looks like Murray's slowly managing to get them playing a bit closer to the potential people saw pre-season.
Disappointing one for us but we've just completed as tough a run of fixtures as you can get in this league and we're still 3rd. Cup break next weekend and then a run of four (on paper) kinder fixtures, three at home. Time to knuckle down and look to get 9+ points from those ones.

Agreed... didn’t deserve to be 2 up at half time- but didn’t expect to lose 4-2 either!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think sir you are a p***k

End of
P***k might have been a bit harsh there maxismydog.
Over exuberant yes, wind up merchant, perhaps.
Although the "too easy" comment was a bit p**ckish considering almost all the other EF fans have said 2-0 perhaps flattered them at the time.

My head hurts [emoji17].

P***k might have been a bit harsh there maxismydog.

Over exuberant yes, wind up merchant, perhaps.

Although the "too easy" comment was a bit p**ckish considering almost all the other EF fans have said 2-0 perhaps flattered them at the time.

My head hurts [emoji17].

Just to clarify I think you'll find the "too easy" comment was in regards to the goal and the way your defence was carved open yet again for it, not to the game as a whole!!!

And I'm going to disagree regarding the 1st half performance, I think we were well worth the lead, we contained your attack adequately you had one shot on target in the half, your midfield was nullified and as I said your defence was a bombscare!!!

But the 2nd half, fucks sake, we were never at the races, which is also why I've subsequently said that Airdrie more than deserved their win, you didn't even really need all the help you got from the ref!!![emoji6]

Just to clarify I think you'll find the "too easy" comment was in regards to the goal and the way your defence was carved open yet again for it, not to the game as a whole!!!

Hmmm we'll agree to disagree then, it was a well timed "too easy" as you've obviously thought the game was won, you do have previous for "goading" and being a bit of a "WUM" (especially against the rovers). On this occaision it's backfired spectacularly and there's a fair bit of backtracking being done to explain it.
However its by the by now and we can all look forward to a wee cup break now.

Hmmm we'll agree to disagree then, it was a well timed "too easy" as you've obviously thought the game was won, you do have previous for "goading" and being a bit of a "WUM" (especially against the rovers). On this occaision it's backfired spectacularly and there's a fair bit of backtracking being done to explain it.

However its by the by now and we can all look forward to a wee cup break now.

Not backtracking at all, think if you look back I was actually the first to post after the game congratulating Airdrie and also saying how much they deserved it, it was only fair seeing how much we've "owned" you recently!!![emoji6]

To also put the "too easy" comment into context, I said "textbook" after the first goal, but nobody commented on that one!!!

I'll keep the "too easy" till the third one goes in next time to avoid any confusion!!!

I take it by soft, you mean definite stonewaller?...

No I meant "soft", and I also used the phrase "cheating" in regards to your third but nobody has brought that up yet, perhaps because it was a bit more obvious!!! 

The second goal looks worse than the first defensively but really it's just one mistake from Hutton, from there not much else the defence could do. The first goal is really poor. I mentioned a couple of weeks back about defenders dropping too deep and it's the same again, for some reason Crighton drops 7-8 yards behind the rest of the back line which allows the attackers to run in behind. And O'Neil is far too slow to tuck in, by the time he notices the striker it's too late. Crighton was pointing to him to be picked up a good 5 seconds before he scores. We need to be more compact as a unit defensively. Don't want to be too negative however, O'Neil did fine overall and a good goal from Crighton.

Lots of positives and Murray is making a difference. It's refreshing to have a manager who is clearly noticing the same things that the fans are and trying to fix them.

Well put them up, if I'm wrong I'll admit it, but it looked very soft from the far end of the stand!!!

Will I change my mind about the 3rd???

4 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Well put them up, if I'm wrong I'll admit it, but it looked very soft from the far end of the stand!!!

Will I change my mind about the 3rd???

Highlights are on the Airdrie website.

I never mentioned the 3rd. Not because I'm embarrassed about how my side profited from a refereeing mistake, but because I don't have an issue about your comments - I agree with you! My point was about the penalty - which I don't agree with you about - that's why I mentioned it. 

Was that explained simply enough for you?

Highlights are on the Airdrie website.

I never mentioned the 3rd. Not because I'm embarrassed about how my side profited from a refereeing mistake, but because I don't have an issue about your comments - I agree with you! My point was about the penalty - which I don't agree with you about - that's why I mentioned it. 

Was that explained simply enough for you?

Ooohh touchy!!![emoji23]

Well put a link up then!!!

Archived