Airdrie v East Fife

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ETA. It was Wilkie for the 3rd. Who I thought had a great game today, pressed everything and put himself about well. Deserved his standing ovation.

Told ye's you had a player there but none of you believed me!!!
Keep him fit and in that position and he'll do that day in and day out!!!

We were pretty grim today to be honest. Never really deserved the 2-0 lead on the balance of play. The second in particular was just calamitous defending that we took advantage of.

Failed to get a grip of the midfield and absolutely nothing was sticking up top which just meant Airdrie were free to keep coming at us. At HT, something needed to change or it just felt inevitable we were going to let this one slip.

Agreed about Dowds out on the left, seemed a bizarre one. OK, Watt didn't have his best game last week but he's had a good season so far and if he's going to be dropped it would have made for more sense to play Slattery there to me.

Fair play to Airdrie. Seems like there's always a clanger or two waiting in that defence but they looked a lot better than you'd expect based on their fans posts on here. Looks like Murray's slowly managing to get them playing a bit closer to the potential people saw pre-season.

Disappointing one for us but we've just completed as tough a run of fixtures as you can get in this league and we're still 3rd. Cup break next weekend and then a run of four (on paper) kinder fixtures, three at home. Time to knuckle down and look to get 9+ points from those ones.

3 away defeats on the bounce , not really a surprise as Dumbarton , Airdrir, and Arbroath will have player budgets way above what we can afford. Only 4 games now till the half way point of the season we have three of these games at Bayview , and the other away to Stennie. Hopefully we can gather enough points to keep us in the top 4 which is something not many of us would have expected in August. League remains very tight  and most teams will fancy their chances of making the top 4. 

Airdrie in the second half today were better than the Beatles, revenge served cold,1970 Brazil and Werner Herzog rolled together.  Leighton McIntosh  getting MOTM when he played for less than 25 minutes was an odd one on the face of it, but he clearly made a difference, as did Scott Stewart.  I'd have both in the starting eleven for next week's game.

Moi????

I did have a massive chukle when a small band belted It out.

You may ornay not have been involved [emoji57]

Btw, that was my wee guys first win he's seen, and to be hoisted above ma head 4 times an join in with an EIO EIO a couple of times, he f*ckin loved it.

I may or may not be pissed now.

3 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I did have a massive chukle when a small band belted It out.

You may ornay not have been involved emoji57.png

Btw, that was my wee guys first win he's seen, and to be hoisted above ma head 4 times an join in with an EIO EIO a couple of times, he f*ckin loved it.

I may or may not be pissed now.

Guilty :whistle

Murray has obviously put a rocket up their collective arses since the 2 recent home debacles.

Urgency, fight, some good interpassing, threat at corners, decent crosses into the box espec from O'Neill, heads didnt go down when behind. In other words the complete opposite of those recent home performances.

If this is what IM has done after only 3/4 weeks in the job then more to his elbow and well done to the Board for selecting him.

The next few weeks should tell us if  Murray Maestros are for real?!?!?!

4 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Could do a McGlynn here and come out with some whataboutery and say if Crighton gets sent off for his kick at Court he doesn't go up the park and score giving Airdrie some hope going into the 2nd half, but I won't!!!

Like the Rovers last week the game was won at half time but our collective arse collapsed and the home team fought back and deserved their win!!!

We were chasing the game in the 2nd half and even though they got more than their fair share of help from the ref, re. the 2nd and 3rd goal they didn't really need it!!!

Very disappointing especially after last week and also very concerning. Airdrie are a complete bombscare at the back and we took advantage of it, but our midfield didn't compete in the 2nd half and that's where we lost it, that and some bizarre substitutions from DY didn't help, why put Slattery on for Dowds, straight swap for Currie surely, why take Watson off and put the ineffectual Dunsmore back into defense, some wierd ones there!!!

Anyway well done Airdrie and a kick up the backside we obviously need!!!

Fucking great, I get to go home and watch the Scotland game now!!!

What a day to be alive!!!

Are you the John Kyle of Fife?

Airdrieonians 3-2 East Fife
Some cheating c**t (72mins)
Referee decides to ignore the blatant handball used to bring the ball under control and allows the goal!!!
Think everybody in the ground saw that one but the ref decides to dingy it!!!

THATS WHY WE’RE AIRDRIE [emoji815]️What a player Wilkie is [emoji57]

Archived