Airdrie v East Fife

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Halt time then.
Airdrie have had more of the ball but done absolutely feck all with it. I said in a thread weeks ago, any team visiting here only needs to stand back and allow us to have the ball because we'll do absolutely hee haw with it. Sure enough EF's first foray up the park and an intelligent run from smith combined with Crighton standing watching him allowed a nice cutback right to smiths feet to tap in.
I'll need to see that second goal again but it looks like an absolute comedy of errors, culminating in Hutton punching it almost into his own net, but smith was in the right place at the right time to head into the empty net. I thought 2-0 was harsh but on the other hand those defensive errors absolutely deserved to be punished. Criminal.
I also can't believe I've seen Airdrie scoring from a corner, and sure enough it had to be Crighton.
And by The way, absolute stupidity from Crighton, who could easily have seen red for kicking out after being fouled, very very lucky.

Halt time then.
Airdrie have had more of the ball but done absolutely feck all with it. I said in a thread weeks ago, any team visiting here only needs to stand back and allow us to have the ball because we'll do absolutely hee haw with it

More of the ball???
IMG_4663.jpg

Airdrieonians 3-2 East Fife

Some cheating c**t (72mins)

Referee decides to ignore the blatant handball used to bring the ball under control and allows the goal!!!

Think everybody in the ground saw that one but the ref decides to dingy it!!!

1 minute ago, King Kebab said:

Airdrieonians 3-2 East Fife
Some cheating c**t (72mins)
Referee decides to ignore the blatant handball used to bring the ball under control and allows the goal!!!

:(

It makes me sad that you're sad. Sorry pal.

[emoji20]
It makes me sad that you're sad. Sorry pal.

Don't be, I'd be pissing myself if it was us!!!
You cheated and got away with it, thems the breaks!!!

Could do a McGlynn here and come out with some whataboutery and say if Crighton gets sent off for his kick at Court he doesn't go up the park and score giving Airdrie some hope going into the 2nd half, but I won't!!!

Like the Rovers last week the game was won at half time but our collective arse collapsed and the home team fought back and deserved their win!!!

We were chasing the game in the 2nd half and even though they got more than their fair share of help from the ref, re. the 2nd and 3rd goal they didn't really need it!!!

Very disappointing especially after last week and also very concerning. Airdrie are a complete bombscare at the back and we took advantage of it, but our midfield didn't compete in the 2nd half and that's where we lost it, that and some bizarre substitutions from DY didn't help, why put Slattery on for Dowds, straight swap for Currie surely, why take Watson off and put the ineffectual Dunsmore back into defense, some wierd ones there!!!

Anyway well done Airdrie and a kick up the backside we obviously need!!!

Fucking great, I get to go home and watch the Scotland game now!!!

What a day to be alive!!!

3 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Could do a McGlynn here and come out with some whataboutery and say if Crighton gets sent off for his kick at Court he doesn't go up the park and score giving Airdrie some hope going into the 2nd half, but I won't!!!

Like the Rovers last week the game was won at half time but our collective arse collapsed and the home team fought back and deserved their win!!!

We were chasing the game in the 2nd half and even though they got more than their fair share of help from the ref, re. the 2nd and 3rd goal they didn't really need it!!!

Very disappointing especially after last week and also very concerning. Airdrie are a complete bombscare at the back and we took advantage of it, but our midfield didn't compete in the 2nd half and that's where we lost it, that and some bizarre substitutions from DY didn't help, why put Slattery on for Dowds, straight swap for Currie surely, why take Watson off and put the ineffectual Dunsmore back into defense, some wierd ones there!!!

Anyway well done Airdrie and a kick up the backside we obviously need!!!

Fucking great, I get to go home and watch the Scotland game now!!!

What a day to be alive!!!

What a difference a week makes.

Just in, currently defrosting while the Mrs pours my first pint of best.

I said at half time to my old man it would have been harsh to go in at 2-0 down, luckily Crighton done something right and rose highest to salvage a lifeline.

2and half it was a different team, pressed everything, won every 2nd ball and generally never gave EF a minute.

The 2nd Airdrie goal was a penalty which the actual "foul" itself was soft, but just before it one of the EF defenders blocked a shot, arms raised which was a stonewaller more than the actual foul itself.

Airdrie kept pressing and looked like the only team that would score again.

The substitution of L McIntosh coming on was the turning point and he was involved in everything, and as rightly pointed out by EVERYONE, he controlled it with his hand after it bounced, but he played to the whistle that never came and slotted beyond the keeper who looked like he went down in installments but I'd need to see it again from the TV angle.

As KK said, and I touched on, EF started coming into it and we stood back a bit but they never really troubled the goal despite having a lot of the ball in the Airdrie half.

Scott Stewart snapped into a few tackles cleanly and won the ball and started a cracking counter attack, feeding the impressive McIntosh down the left who played across the 6 yard box for Duffy to tuck away.

All in all a deserved 3 points, and a nice feeling on a Saturday night.

ETA. It was Wilkie for the 3rd. Who I thought had a great game today, pressed everything and put himself about well. Deserved his standing ovation.

Back to earth with a bump AGAIN. Ive said it before, but I still honestly believe the team and formation we had on the run has to be put back in place. We had 2 left sides midfielder sitting on the bench,but start with a target man in the position.
I'm a great believer in keeping a winning team, but we started today with the final 11 from last week, not the starting 11.
Below par performance from quite a few today, and many caught out by the Broomfield 3G which to be honest is worse than dual-up!! But it's poor for all players, so not really an excuse.
Heads up , and get them telt for next Saturday's trip to England.
Just East Fife being East Fife, up and down like a ...........!

Absolutely woeful in the first half some/most of our defensive work is criminal. It also winds me up no end the amount of times our players don't move to make space after completing a pass.

MUCH better second half in which we contained EF and were much more dangerous going forward and for the first time since the Faith debacle that we looked like a genuine attacking threat. Special mention to Scott Stewart, not only for the gut bursting run through a few challenges but that utterly sublime ball through whilst being hauled down.

Difference today from previous weeks seemed to be willingness in midfield to press more and persistence if the first challenge didn’t win the ball.

Passing was improved from the Dumbarton game too.

Hutton made 2 good saves in the 2nd half but could someone ask him to stop punching the ball. My nerves can’t take it.

Archived