Starting XI v Albania

Jacky1990

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Forrest is worth so much to a limited team. CONFESS! You love him really.  He's a MUST in this team. 

I realise you’re probably at it but he’s only actually been involved since they went down to 10, don’t think he actually touched the ball when it was 11v11.
The ultimate flat-track bully.

2 hours ago, munro7 said:

I realise you’re probably at it but he’s only actually been involved since they went down to 10, don’t think he actually touched the ball when it was 11v11.
The ultimate flat-track bully.

I wasn't at it. I absolutely believe this Scotland team needs him. I've said it many times before. He's the one that can create space. He's vastly underrated.

I wasn't at it. I absolutely believe this Scotland team needs him. I've said it many times before. He's the one that can create space. He's vastly underrated.

And what exactly has he done in his previous twenty-four (24) caps to give you that impression???

40 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

And what exactly has he done in his previous twenty-four (24) caps to give you that impression???

Oh ffs. Ok. Let's sit through them minute by minute and analyse. By the end we need to decide if he's better in or out. I'm serious. I want you to notice every time he creates space for his team mates even when it comes to nothing as that isn't his fault. Ready? Let's go...

8 hours ago, MickeyPaul said:

Oh ffs. Ok. Let's sit through them minute by minute and analyse. By the end we need to decide if he's better in or out. I'm serious. I want you to notice every time he creates space for his team mates even when it comes to nothing as that isn't his fault. Ready? Let's go...

Teams need players who have pace and are direct, even if they themselves don't offer much (although I think he offers a huge amount). They commit defenders, get you up the park quickly, and cause the opposition to sit back a bit more due to their pace which creates space for your midfield. If you compare that to a Snodgrass type who is slow, will cut inside and is pretty easy to play against, that's not how we are going to be succesful. Forrest also does a great shift defensively, I remember him playing against teams like Germany and basically playing as a full back and never leaving his man. I also remember watching Oli Burke and Matt Ritchie doing the same role and putting in no effort to track back and just leave their runners. That's why Strachan liked him so much.

Not getting carried away due to the opposition, but last night is textbook how we must play to be successful. Get a guy up front to occupy defenders and get 4/5 quick, direct midfielders who will make runs in behind and play off the striker. It also shows you why Griffiths should be nowhere near the starting team, we need our striker to come towards the ball to create space in behind (like Forrest's first yesterday), not to try and run in behind themselves.

Archived