Starting XI v Albania

Jacky1990

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, troopio said:

Ralston has not been called up that I can see?

Overrated Celtic reserve, only a matter of time.

In all seriousness, it's either Callum Patterson or call up someone new at this rate surely?

23 minutes ago, EpicMike said:

Overrated Celtic reserve, only a matter of time.

In all seriousness, it's either Callum Patterson or call up someone new at this rate surely?

It's Callum Paterson all day

He was fine when played there before for us

The side should still be good enough to take 4 points

McGregor

Paterson Bates McKenna Robertson

McGregor Armstrong

Forrest Christie Mackay-Steven

McBurnie

The call offs and lack of subsequent call ups at the back, as craigkillie said above, really inhibits us. It means we’re either going to have to play a guy who is basically now a forward at RB (and lose him from the position where he has been very effectively lately at the EPL level) or play a 3-5-2 with three very inexperienced centre backs.

If there’s an injury during the game either up front or in the back line, we’re fucked.

If it just isn’t going well and we want to change it up, we have no flexibility.

Plenty people scoffing at the idea of bringing in a Ricky Foster or a Jason Naismith (obviously as a Saints fan I’d point out that despite his reputation Foster has been in sensational form this season, and this last month in particular), but at least if there’s space in the squad bring someone in to sit on the bench as an option so that you’re not going to be left in a position of putting someone even less comfortable in to right back if it goes completely to pot. Don’t think anyone is suggesting throwing them straight in but give yourself the flexibility.

I’d probably go:

Mcgregor

Bates, Hendry, McKenna

Forrest————————-Robertson

Christie, Armstrong, GMS

Paterson, McBurnie

That only really puts Robertson fractionally out of his best position which is about as good as it gets with the squad as it is. The back three gives me the fear though.

Utterly depressing the number of people picking Forrest in their starting line up. How many chances does that charlatan get to disappoint?!?

4-3-3 for me
McGregor, Paterson, Bates, McKenna, Robertson, McGregor, Armstrong, Christie, Fraser, McBurnie, Russell

3 minutes ago, munro7 said:

Utterly depressing the number of people picking Forrest in their starting line up. How many chances does that charlatan get to disappoint?!?

4-3-3 for me
McGregor, Paterson, Bates, McKenna, Robertson, McGregor, Armstrong, Christie, Fraser, McBurnie, Russell

I’m not much of a fan but with the state of the squad I’d start him.

McGregor

Shinnie Bates McKenna Robertson

Armstrong McTominay McGregor

Forrest Paterson Fraser

Amidst the seethe about right back I hadn’t realised the complete lack of proper midfielders in the squad. Top banter.

6 hours ago, munro7 said:

4-3-3 for me

Forrest is one of the few players we have that has a bit of pace and genuine technical ability and, in my opinion, his awareness  has improved significantly under Rodgers. He can run at defences and he can create space. I LOVE HIM! I also love having someone like Mackay-Steven available:  another guy that is capable of creating space and making something out of nothing.  I think we're one of the better shite teams on paper (toilet paper lol).

Just now, EdiBairn said:

Slim pickings for McLeish but the fact we're relying on a guy who couldn't make the Celtic bench until a few weeks ago in the no 10 position says it all for me.

I have faith in Christie. My folks are Celtic season ticket holders and have always been "meh" about Christie but I tried to convince them he'd come good based on just wee bits and bobs I'd seen of him. He can control the ball for one. He can pass and move... he can finish. I like him in that... he does the basics well, mostly. And he cares! LOVE HIM!

Archived