Montrose v Stinlar

Vital game on Saturday. Games like the derby are more high profile but these matches actually are much more significant.

Although we lost at the weekend most fans I know were very encouraged by the effort and application shown by the team- we were always in the game, even if we lacked the firepower to convert the chances created. I hope the manager already has a long list of possibles and targets lined up for the January window to solve the problems we have in scoring. The guys we have are trying their best but need a bit more help.

For their part Stranraer seem to be consolidating under Stevie Farrell, but have had an inconsistent season. Don't expect many goals on Saturday. Wouldn't say three points is an absolute must here, but avoiding defeat is. Another performance and result like the recent Dumbarton game would suit me just fine.

A long game of footballing chairs lies ahead for the rest of the season, to avoid the relegation places; all but the top two are affected. Crazy league.

Links Park has been a happy hunting ground for us over the years, but realistically if we can avoid defeat and take a solid point back home it wouldn't be so bad. 

The type of fixture where a 2-0 win either way wouldn't come as that much of a surprise though. 

1-1 with stonewall penalties not given at either end. 

What's with this" Stinlar" thing ??? I remember the Ayr supporters using it and thinking WTF... is that supposed to be funny or something!! perhaps to be expected from them but Ivo you're better than that, or is their actually a reason for it?

37 minutes ago, keptie said:

What's with this" Stinlar" thing ??? I remember the Ayr supporters using it and thinking WTF... is that supposed to be funny or something!! perhaps to be expected from them but Ivo you're better than that, or is their actually a reason for it?

I think it was started by a poor chinless Ayr supporter who couldn't pronounce Stranraer properly.  We patted him on the head and tolerated him.  If Ivo has the same problem, he'll find the travelling supporters are kind on the whole.

Very, very disappointing. We threw away two points losing a cheap goal in an awful goalmouth scramble right at the death.

The first half was largely a non event with both sides disjointed. Second half Montrose had two or three really good chances that were either well-saved or cleated: Rennies bullet header really was a fine finish from a ball dinked into the box.

Massively frustrating. These are the hard yards of a season and failure to put these teams away at home will cost us if we’re not careful. Hate to be a stuck record, but we really need one or two new front men.

Steeves was terrific today and really put in a shift: Jordan Allan also made some fine stops.

Very, very disappointing. We threw away two points losing a cheap goal in an awful goalmouth scramble right at the death.
The first half was largely a non event with both sides disjointed. Second half Montrose had two or three really good chances that were either well-saved or cleated: Rennies bullet header really was a fine finish from a ball dinked into the box.
Massively frustrating. These are the hard yards of a season and failure to put these teams away at home will cost us if we’re not careful. Hate to be a stuck record, but we really need one or two new front men.
Steeves was terrific today and really put in a shift: Jordan Allan also made some fine stops.
That's what you get for calling them Stinlar...[emoji6]

Tough one to take. Deserved the three points but, as Stewart Petrie said in the Courier unable to see matches out. Last week’s result against Arbroath put into perspective by the hammering Brechin got at home. Confident we’ll stay up. Well done to the club for the Remembrance event before kick-off. We will remember them. 

Disappointed with the final result. We deserved to win the game but couldn’t see it out. Thought Martin Rennie had his best game in a long time and took his goal brilliantly. Hopefully he’s found his feet at this level. The equaliser was a shambles. Jordan flapped at a corner and the stramash that followed ended inevitably with Hamill bundling it in. I think Jordan is our best keeper but he wasn’t at it today.

Agreed, very disappointing ending but to be honest a draw was a fair result. Both sides are struggling up front and it could have gone either way. I'm just glad we got the first goal.

It's history now but did anybody else think Hammill used his hand to bundle/scoop it in? Wouldn't moan if we did that and got away with it, but just wondered if anybody else saw it.

Archived