• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
craig ross

What makes a good team

A strong committee is the important thing for me. They usually remain in the background doing all the stuff that most times goes unoticed and without any recognition.  They dont ask for anything and volunteer there time for the love of the club.

A good management team is also very important as is a good blend of players. Both, especially players will come and go some quicker than others. 

I also think a good support is very important to the amateur game. These are the guys that will come out in all weathers to back the club. They also play a big part in the running of the club as most will put there hand in there pocket and get behind any fundraisers the club has. 

Good sponsors also very important.

Committee & Supporters are key then after that ul probly find a good management team then a decent level of players will want to be involved with the team.

A strong committee is the important thing for me. They usually remain in the background doing all the stuff that most times goes unoticed and without any recognition.  They dont ask for anything and volunteer there time for the love of the club.
A good management team is also very important as is a good blend of players. Both, especially players will come and go some quicker than others. 
I also think a good support is very important to the amateur game. These are the guys that will come out in all weathers to back the club. They also play a big part in the running of the club as most will put there hand in there pocket and get behind any fundraisers the club has. 
Good sponsors also very important.
Committee & Supporters are key then after that ul probly find a good management team then a decent level of players will want to be involved with the team.
Yeah pretty much spot on to what I was thinking

I really like community clubs, fantastic if they are done correctly and should of been more of a thing from years ago.

For a one off team, id say a good committee is a must. A strong squad, players age range from 18-32, a club philosophy/direction, engaging and challenging training, a manager who is relatable to his players and who is approachable.

Problem with most amateur teams is a manager gets lucky with a good bunch of players and then either can’t replace them or isn’t willing to go out and find new ones but a good manager like guys at teams like colville harestanes etc just examples are the guys who continually go out and look attract players just my opinion of the amateur game thou

31 minutes ago, Ped said:

Problem with most amateur teams is a manager gets lucky with a good bunch of players and then either can’t replace them or isn’t willing to go out and find new ones but a good manager like guys at teams like colville harestanes etc just examples are the guys who continually go out and look attract players just my opinion of the amateur game thou

I would expect that most managers at the top teams will consistantly be looking at players who they think can improve there squads. 

those 2 teams I mentioned were just examples most managers do but not easy to attract them or replace the loyal guys who got you successful that’s why lots of teams have a shelf life and strong committee can only do so much need a dedicated manager to go with the committee