Dundee United v Alloa 20/11/2018

19 minutes ago, printer said:

I can understand and happily tolerate bias.

It's the ignorance of the laws exacerbated by the belief that he knows them better than the ref that bugs me. To be fair, not much worse than the likes of Rob McLean or 99% of media pundits. emoji19.png

So you're saying the ref got what a goal kick right, no penalty right, I'll give benefit of the doubt in the box that there's jostling from both sides, Stephen Hetherington makes no contact and the contact he does make is outside the box. There's more bloody contact on Zanatta and I concede its a good blocking challenge by Edjenguele?

Are you an Alloa fan that you think that those decisions were fair on us? Certainly the people who are in here working for the club agree that they weren't. Certainly there is a complaint going to the head of referee's about it which will no doubt fall on deaf ears.

My standpoint on this is I have a platform like on a matchday like the fans have a platform. If that referee ignores Dundee United's claim then 4000 fans will be hounding every move he makes whether he was right or not. If I point out the referee has made monumental cockups that conceivably lose us points then I have to show the guy up because next time maybe he'll remember it and not ignore the claims. 

Next you'll be telling me that we should be fined for surrounding the referee after said decisions which reminds me forgot to mention in the highlights this is the same ref that missed Falkirk's Zak Rudden punch the ball into the net which killed of all hope in that game.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

So you're saying the ref got what a goal kick right, no penalty right, I'll give benefit of the doubt in the box that there's jostling from both sides, Stephen Hetherington makes no contact and the contact he does make is outside the box. There's more bloody contact on Zanatta and I concede its a good blocking challenge by Edjenguele?

Are you an Alloa fan that you think that those decisions were fair on us? Certainly the people who are in here working for the club agree that they weren't. Certainly there is a complaint going to the head of referee's about it which will no doubt fall on deaf ears.

My standpoint on this is I have a platform like on a matchday like the fans have a platform. If that referee ignores Dundee United's claim then 4000 fans will be hounding every move he makes whether he was right or not. If I point out the referee has made monumental cockups that conceivably lose us points then I have to show the guy up because next time maybe he'll remember it and not ignore the claims. 

Next you'll be telling me that we should be fined for surrounding the referee after said decisions which reminds me forgot to mention in the highlights this is the same ref that missed Falkirk's Zak Rudden punch the ball into the net which killed of all hope in that game.

:bairn:bairn:bairn

Printer needs a reality check. The boy clearly knows better than anyone and should never be questioned.

We got a couple of soft penalties in our favour at Cappielow the other week, and a few marginals went the other way here. It happens. 

As illegal as it was, mentioning the Rudden goal insinuating some sort of thinly veiled conspiracy is ridiculous.

9 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Printer needs a reality check. The boy clearly knows better than anyone and should never be questioned.

We got a couple of soft penalties in our favour at Cappielow the other week, and a few marginals went the other way here. It happens. 

As illegal as it was, mentioning the Rudden goal insinuating some sort of thinly veiled conspiracy is ridiculous.

Wasn't saying the ref is out to get us that would probably land me in hot water with someone. Was saying the ref isn't competent. Backed up surprisingly enough by video evidence.

1 minute ago, LeodhasXD said:

Wasn't saying the ref is out to get us that would probably land me in hot water with someone. Was saying the ref isn't competent. Backed up surprisingly enough by video evidence.

Video evidence that surprisingly enough a referee cannot access on the field of play.

2 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Video evidence that surprisingly enough a referee cannot access on the field of play.

Now we are onto a winner. It's the SFA's fault not giving the referee's the footage I'm working with. In the meantime I need to adopt a peace and love attitude when referees fail to be either accurate or consistent in their application of the laws of the game.

11 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

What an absolute lunatic, superb :lol:

I think everyone is being a bit harsh here tbf.

I think that the quality of the highlights package is superb.

As for the commentary, fair play to the lad for cracking on; he is doing his best, and whilst I can't see Liam Mckeod or Rob McLean fearing for their jobs,  I couldn't imagine the clusterfuck  i'd make of it.

Agree that there is a hint of pro Alloa Partisanship at play here, which probably is even more biased than Arabzone  (didn't think that was possible), but you can't fault the boy for loving his club. 

Whist it is clearly more fun just to slate him, perhaps some more constructive criticism might be more helpful to him.

Just saying.....

38 minutes ago, MacArab said:

I think everyone is being a bit harsh here tbf.

I think that the quality of the highlights package is superb.

As for the commentary, fair play to the lad for cracking on; he is doing his best, and whilst I can't see Liam Mckeod or Rob McLean fearing for their jobs,  I couldn't imagine the clusterfuck  i'd make of it.

Agree that there is a hint of pro Alloa Partisanship at play here, which probably is even more biased than Arabzone  (didn't think that was possible), but you can't fault the boy for loving his club. 

Whist it is clearly more fun just to slate him, perhaps some more constructive criticism might be more helpful to him.

Just saying.....

Yeah but it wouldn’t be nearly as good fun.

The highlights are excellent and have been a terrific addition over the last couple of years. Regarding the commentary, I'd always prefer a commentator, at any level, just to describe the action. That's basically what it entails. Let the viewer decide. In this case I think we really need to be particularly careful as it's the official club highlights and as such LeodhasXD is the voice of the club there. The club are free to write letters if they want, but their public voice should be straight down the middle. 

Have to say too, those calls are all pretty borderline. It certainly doesn't look like a case of a ref having a shocker at all. 

1 hour ago, Waspie said:

The highlights are excellent and have been a terrific addition over the last couple of years. Regarding the commentary, I'd always prefer a commentator, at any level, just to describe the action. That's basically what it entails. Let the viewer decide. In this case I think we really need to be particularly careful as it's the official club highlights and as such LeodhasXD is the voice of the club there. The club are free to write letters if they want, but their public voice should be straight down the middle. 

Have to say too, those calls are all pretty borderline. It certainly doesn't look like a case of a ref having a shocker at all. 

Aye I did do that previously but then I was told by folk within the club that I was too neutral and I'd rather pander to them. It's easy for me to be biased though so I just go with it now. 

I don't like doing the commentary it's not something that comes naturally, but it beats listening to the sound of the wind rattling around the stadium plus I know that if I watch a Dunfermline or  Ayr highlights then I can switch off and miss what's actually happening in a game whereas with someone  talking you can zone out a bit and keep abreast of what's happening.

Archived