Dundee United v Alloa 20/11/2018

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is there a midfield in the division which Flanny wouldn't get into? [emoji7]

Said this to my mate last night, he really is a class act, has he played with anyone in full time football? Would certainly take him at tannadice, the way he goes around the park pinging balls wide, far far better than Barton and rabitsch

Boy up top zanatta is a player also

40 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

blaming the keeper for that is astonishing, in that case keepers are to blame for 100%of  all goals  scored ..disappointing result but expected ,at least we put up a fight...

Don’t know if it’s any consolation but I thought Alloa looked far more organised and played better football than many of the teams we’ve played this season.  Missing a cutting edge when you get into the final third but maybe that can be addressed.

Defensively I thought you were poor for Curran’s goal.

Apologies, then, if I am in the minority on the goalie and his non-mistake:rolleyes:

Regarding Ian Flannigan, he was the best player on the park in the game between the clubs at The Recs, and was very busy last night again, while Dario Zanatta caught the eye as well, although he missed (or was it an excellent stop by Siegrist? :wacko: ) a chance to level half way through the second period.

Said this to my mate last night, he really is a class act, has he played with anyone in full time football? Would certainly take him at tannadice, the way he goes around the park pinging balls wide, far far better than Barton and rabitsch

Flanny started off with Kilmarnock as a youngster, played a decent number of games for them and then had a spell at Partick.

He had injury problems, so ended up at us in 2013. His first few seasons with us he struggled a bit with a back problem, but the last three seasons he has been fit and is now looking stronger and more confident in a central role.

Zanatta has a lot going for him, but he'll need to improve his final ball and awareness of where his team mates are to make it at Hearts.

Don’t know if it’s any consolation but I thought Alloa looked far more organised and played better football than many of the teams we’ve played this season.  Missing a cutting edge when you get into the final third but maybe that can be addressed.

Yeah, that pretty much how we've been all season.

18 minutes ago, printer said:
3 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:
That commentary....

tenor.gif.387c5b4d448f0149189cc03b7f0c13df.gif

Horrendous, isn't it?

Edge being held off for United’s second but “runs in” to the Alloa player.  :lol:

TBF the guys who do Arabzone are every bit as biased.

6 hours ago, dundeeunited83 said:

He started for us for a couple of years. Wasn't very good, but he seems to have improved his game since then.

Edge being held off for United’s second but “runs in” to the Alloa player.  [emoji38]
TBF the guys who do Arabzone are every bit as biased.

I can understand and happily tolerate bias.

It's the ignorance of the laws exacerbated by the belief that he knows them better than the ref that bugs me. To be fair, not much worse than the likes of Rob McLean or 99% of media pundits. [emoji19]

Archived