Brechin City vs Arbroath

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Would you , in our position ? 

If Brechin had just pumped us 5-1 no i would not be happy but I would just post a "well played Brechin" and leave it at that instead of trying to wind up the opposition support,never a good move when your team has just been hammered.

The new Brechin manager got a lot to think about after that game you lot played miles better at Gayfield earlier this season.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, keptie said:

He is trying to say since 82-83 season Brechin  have been far superior to Arbroath and tbf on the whole they annoyingly have been but he's only bringing it up cause his team got a right royal pumping from the super Lichties and he's raging...5-1.... he just doesn't like it:)

That’s what I thought even though it’s factually inaccurate as we were in Div one circa 2001. 

I believe this is the best I have ever seen us play. Not a week link in the team, and Goldie has probably made this his position after that display. Was a little concerned at half time, all that possession and only one goal to show for it. However Bobby soon settled my nerves. Pity about the goal we lost, but  our keeper never had a chance. Don't know if it was a good goal or was he just in the way of the ball. 

29 minutes ago, Mexico said:

That’s what I thought even though it’s factually inaccurate as we were in Div one circa 2001. 

23 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:

Also finished above them in the Sheerin era.

It was a generalisation .  Two or three seasons out of 40 odd is still dominance in anyone's book.  ;)8)

52 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

It was a generalisation .  Two or three seasons out of 40 odd is still dominance in anyone's book.  ;)8)

I don’t think anyone would dispute that Brechin have been dominant over that period, but the post clearly states Arbroath being second best since 82-83 which is wrong. 

Anyway, that is well over now and rest of the Angus clubs are in their rightful places, long may that continue. 

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I don't remember Brechin giving us too much bother in the 60s and 70s. What really puzzles me though is how they could be so dominant for 40 seasons and still have no fans.

19 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

I don't remember Brechin giving us too much bother in the 60s and 70s. What really puzzles me though is how they could be so dominant for 40 seasons and still have no fans.

A bit harsh there TL there was 47 of them their yesterday going by the match attendance.;)

Archived