Brechin City vs Arbroath

First visit to the Glebe in many years. Do they still do the best soup in the land?

Expecting a very difficult game against a Brechin side coming off an impressive derby victory of their own. I’d go unchanged again for this week with Doris being introduced around the hour mark.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Mexico said:

Brechin Vics also playing Arbroath Vics the same day through there. 

Police leave will have to be cancelled in order to cope . Funny how these fixtures work out . Lest weekend we played Forfar at the Glebe and Brechin Vics were at Forfar West End.

Looking forward to this game . I wouldn't have been had we not changed the manager but there you go . Arbroath have been THE team in this league from the first kick of the ball and very well done to them for their run so far. This will be a difficult game as they are strong all over the park and have options on the bench too.  I think  ( hope )  we will give them a game and see where we end up . This is a game i would quite happily snap your hand off for a point. Hope a huge away support turns up to see what should be a great game.

37 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Brechin have still been the best team we have came up against in the league. The invincibles to drop points in a score draw.

I hope you are right.  Certainly on the last two performances I am a bit more confident .  

Will be a tough one though as Arbroath seem to have the winning mentality and a strong bench to choose from when things don't go to plan. 

8 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

How’s the Glebe Park playing surface? From what I remember it’s always been very poor but I believe they spent a bit of money trying to improve it recently

It is excellent.   Much prefer the grass to these plastic efforts.  We are another player down as he fell awkwardly at Raith last week and broke his wrist. 

Archived