Battle of the Defences - FAFC -vs- DFC

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally mustered up the courage to watch the highlights and we were even worse than I thought. We got absolutely shagged rotten.

It's hard to judge a game based on a highlights package but to me the only players of ours who looked like they turned in an acceptable performance were Thomas and Forbes. The back 4 bar Forbes looked like they got run ragged from start to finish. I seen a few folk saying Ballantyne played OK so the highlights may just have shown Easton ripping him a new arsehole without showing any of his good bits.

That midfield... frighteningly bad. Everyone of them posted missing. Carswell and Hutton looked to be playing their usual game of not being very good at tackling, running or passing, Bobby Barr looked like he was actively avoiding the ball, as did Gallagher.

I feel sorry for Dom Thomas. You can actually see him picking up the ball from deep, looking around for someone to pass to, before realising there is no one and having to try and do it all himself.

As for Paton, I couldn't even have told you he was playing if I hadn't seen the team sheet.

I accept I'm making all of these judgements based on a 10 minute highlights package so I may be wrong but that really did look like a dreadful performance.

Archived