Battle of the Defences - FAFC -vs- DFC

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would line us up something like this.

I'm still not sure on Paton as I haven't seen much of him tbh, but I don't know who else I would have there.  Play Spencer next to Hutton  to provide a bit of movement. And I hope we give Gallagher a go upfront from the start. Seems most likely striker we have to put the ball in the net considering how rotten Russell and Loy has been at finishing their chances.

Might just need to rely on Thomas rifling a shot into the top corner a few times though.

c51bfe5d8ee1ec330ae731baecb36e67.png

I make that two players for the bench tomorrow. One of which will be McGowan. I reckon it'll be Carswell/Spencer as the outfield sub.
Dyer was an unused sub last week, so we'll probably have him warming the bench again.

Assumed it was only Barr and Adam who where long term, but Loy and Thomson seem to have been out for ages. Anyone ITK as to why we have had so many lengthy injuries?

Dyer was an unused sub last week, so we'll probably have him warming the bench again.

Assumed it was only Barr and Adam who where long term, but Loy and Thomson seem to have been out for ages. Anyone ITK as to why we have had so many lengthy injuries?
I reckon it's probably a combination of a few things. Signing players with a history of injuries, players being soft as shite and that honker of a park we train on at Benburb. I'm not remotely convinced guys like Loy or Dyer are all that arsed and I wouldn't be completely shocked to see the two of them offloaded in January. I actually think a few of the injured players know their time is up and that may be contributing to how lengthy their injuries are.

Some of our players don't strike me as the 'run through a brick wall for the team' type so I don't think it's taking much for them to add their names to the injury list. As much as I don't rate Kyle Hutton in the slightest, he deserves credit for always making himself available to play.

Think we will start with the same line up for this one as we had against Brechin as it had been working in previous games.
However if Travis is suspended I assume Munro will just slot into his position.

Would prefer Moore on the wing for MacKintosh though.

Lets get back to winning ways! [emoji1319]

1 hour ago, super-son said:

I would line us up something like this.

I'm still not sure on Paton as I haven't seen much of him tbh, but I don't know who else I would have there.  Play Spencer next to Hutton  to provide a bit of movement. And I hope we give Gallagher a go upfront from the start. Seems most likely striker we have to put the ball in the net considering how rotten Russell and Loy has been at finishing their chances.

Might just need to rely on Thomas rifling a shot into the top corner a few times though.

c51bfe5d8ee1ec330ae731baecb36e67.png

The shirt numbers you've chosen there have really triggered my OCD.

A CDM at 7.

A winger at 6

A winger at 9

A striker at 11

*shudder*

Grant Adam being out is a terrible loss as he would surely have provided plenty entertainment for all.

As for us, who knows? Three wins on the bounce bookended by two terrible 4-0 thumpings suggest we could do anything.

Cannot see how we can keep the same defence after last week but would Malone, Munro or (shudder) Wilson, improve things?  

Wilson !!!! You sniffing glue again or buzzing gas

The shirt numbers you've chosen there have really triggered my OCD.
A CDM at 7.
A winger at 6
A winger at 9
A striker at 11
*shudder*
The numbers were auto assigned in a strange way and I just couldn't be arsed changing them tbh. My OCD must not be as bad as I thought.

Never noticed the keeper strip being the same as the outfield players though haha

Archived