Paywalls

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Clubs who make people pay to watch their highlights belong in the South of Scotland league.

Seems pointless to charge if the opposition give away the same game for free.

Falkirk used to charge for highlights so I used to watch the opponents highlights at a much more consumer friendly price

2 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Seems pointless to charge if the opposition give away the same game for free.

Falkirk used to charge for highlights so I used to watch the opponents highlights at a much more consumer friendly price

Indeed. For example, Partick charge for theirs and ICT don’t.  But for Saturdays game all we had was Walsh’s goal and Ridgers penalty save filmed from them back of the Jackie Husband, in horrendous quality, needing very strong binoculars to see.  In about a 40 second clip.  We usually provide a good 5-6 minutes.

I’m surmising that, because Partick charge, they probably asked ICT not to film as folk would just watch our highlights. 

Either that or our camera guy wasn’t there.

6 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Indeed. For example, Partick charge for theirs and ICT don’t.  But for Saturdays game all we had was Walsh’s goal and Ridgers penalty save filmed from them back of the Jackie Husband, in horrendous quality, needing very strong binoculars to see.  In about a 40 second clip.  We usually provide a good 5-6 minutes.

I’m surmising that, because Partick charge, they probably asked ICT not to film as folk would just watch our highlights. 

Certainly I never had that issue with Falkirk. Although to be fair I've never watched our highlights v Thistle.

Also notice we are 1 of the few to provide commentary on our highlights

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

ICT got in touch with PT ahead of the match to say that a videographer wouldn't be present at Saturday's match and if we could provide them with footage. We sent over the footage filmed by our video analyst on Sunday morning. ICT then requested to use the clips of the goal and penalty save on their social media accounts, to which we had no objection as if we had requested footage, we'd like to use in a manner we see fit, with a credit to the opposition Club.

PT would never deny any Club to film the game for their own purposes from our own gantry(or press box in front of gantry if game is covered live by broadcast tv). It's counter productive because if we said to ICT "naw you can't film" then we wouldn't get access to film when we visit Inverness. What other Clubs choose to do with their footage is their business. 

On 12/11/2018 at 13:02, Dindeleux said:

Thanks to this OP and your reply I’ve finally realised that the poster named Fuctifano actually means “fucked if I know”.

Always thought he was Italian or something.

My old man once told me a story about a Celtic European game where the radio commentator couldn’t identify the scorer for their Eastern European opponents during a stramash. He asked his co-commentator, and after something was muttered off air, reported that the opening goal had been tapped in by Fuctifano

9 hours ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

PT would never deny any Club to film the game for their own purposes from our own gantry(or press box in front of gantry if game is covered live by broadcast tv). It's counter productive because if we said to ICT "naw you can't film" then we wouldn't get access to film when we visit Inverness. What other Clubs choose to do with their footage is their business. 

Yeah, whilst all of that is absolutely fair comment, SPFL clubs are not allowed to prevent the opposition filimg the game for their own purposes, whether they wanted to or not. The right to film your own games and use limited highlights as you see fit, subject to restrictions on how soon they can be published, is enshrined in the rules.

22 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Certainly I never had that issue with Falkirk. Although to be fair I've never watched our highlights v Thistle.

Also notice we are 1 of the few to provide commentary on our highlights

We used to do it but fans preferred them without highlights. 

We have Burty commenting live and he does a very good job, but I prefer the highlights without commentary. 

On 11/13/2018 at 16:45, shizzlemanizzle said:

Who wants to tell him about Rudolph Hucker?

Please do because I'm reading it out loud and still cannot get it.

GOT IT!!! Rude old fucker?

On 11/12/2018 at 12:02, Dindeleux said:

Thanks to this OP and your reply I’ve finally realised that the poster named Fuctifano actually means “fucked if I know”.

Always thought he was Italian or something.

I believe it's spelled FTIVANO, because I always read it as Full Time Ivano.

1 hour ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

I believe it's spelled FTIVANO, because I always read it as Full Time Ivano.

I'm sure that's a different person.  FTIVANO is a QoS fan,  usually on the MAD site,   and Fuctifano is a Partick Thistle fan.  

On 11/17/2018 at 00:49, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I'm sure that's a different person.  FTIVANO is a QoS fan,  usually on the MAD site,   and Fuctifano is a Partick Thistle fan.  

It's an entirely different person on a different site but the point is of course the same. The user name's derive from the same reasoning.

28 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It's an entirely different person on a different site but the point is of course the same. The user name's derive from the same reasoning.

Thanks for that input.  I understood that "Margaret Thatcher"  was under the impression that they were the same person so thought I had adequately given reasons that they were in fact different people. 

Archived