Paywalls

How many clubs burden their support with the added hassle of having to pay extra to access most of the official club media.

Is it not enough to pay for tickets, replica kit and all the other bits and bobs without this? Many clubs give this for free, so why pay?

you don't need to pay for it if you don't want it. I've thought about it before, and in fact had a jagzone subscription for a season a while back, but jacked it in when I realised I can live without it.

Match  """""highlights""""" are something I'm theoretically the most interested in - don't travel to away matches and can just about still be arsed going through the motions by dragging myself to Firhill, so having a decent highlights package for games I'm not at is a nice idea. Or would be in a bizarro land where we're not complete horseshit.

Toying with just getting the highlights package or whatever for next season in lieu of a season ticket tbh. Haven't got the same enthusiasm for football I once had, although I'd not exclusively blame the club for that in spite of the last 18+ months of sheer awfulness.

It seems fairly pointless in this league for any of our support to subscribe to watch highlights when most, if not all, of the other clubs provided highlights for free. 

Unless of course watching Gary Caldwell answer questions like "we were really good today Gary weren't we?" is your thing in which case fire in. 

I had Jagzone for quite a while, but our absolute shiteness combined with the Pravda-esque content pushed me to ditch it recently. 

I always saw it as a donation to a needy cause, but when that cause makes you angry on a weekly basis, it's time to stop.

Did briefly contribute to the Players Fund thing we had too, but then realised I could make exactly the same monthly contribution to the Centenary Fund except with a chance of getting some sort of return through the prize draws.

I'm happy enough paying into the Centenary Fund tbh, predominantly for the 2X car prize draws a year and some of the non-standard prizes you can win - the lower cash prize amounts seem a bit pointless.

After Ray pointed out on soccer fm we still haven’t updated our manager on the website, it really highlights how amateur we are behind the scenes. 

I can’t quite remember the graphic error last season but I’m sure we put something out there aimed at all the fans and it looked like c**t or something was written on it. 

There’s no quality control at all

38 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

After Ray pointed out on soccer fm we still haven’t updated our manager on the website, it really highlights how amateur we are behind the scenes. 

I can’t quite remember the graphic error last season but I’m sure we put something out there aimed at all the fans and it looked like c**t or something was written on it. 

There’s no quality control at all

Deliberate.  They got Adam Barton to do it, and he knew what was coming.

I jest, I jest.  You can't get Adam Barton to do anything.

Maybe Gary Fraser?  He seems the type.

AU media do a pretty good job for us and there is no charge unless you are listening live or watching live abroad. Mostly interviews are up a hour or 2 after the game and highlights up bang on midnight, would I like some updates during the week sure but you can't moan at the content for no charge.

22 hours ago, Firhill_Basin said:

Its another revenue stream for the club and you moan about having to pay a fiver a month?

Tightarse, IMO

It's not about the fiver ya div, it's cumulative. We still charge the same as last year for entry, and we are not one of the big boys anymore. It is just another way of the clubs saying those shower out there will cough up for whatever we put together. Sad thing is they're mostly right.

The main point was to find out how many clubs used a paywall and how many were free. Sorry my question was so pish...... I'll try to word things better next time.

12 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Thanks to this OP and your reply I’ve finally realised that the poster named Fuctifano actually means “fucked if I know”.

Always thought he was Italian or something.

My mind has just been blown

Archived