Queens v Inverness

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/10/2018 at 20:56, Northfield 53 said:

Going to be yet another hard game Inverness are unbeaten this season we have no goal threat now that teams are marking Dobbie tightly .

Dobbie has only 1 goal in 6 games now Dykes needs to get goals he just does not score enough 

you really dont like dykes dont you?

you really dont like dykes dont you?

Dykes has been very good this season and comfortably one of our best performers. But what Northfield said isn't exactly controversial. His link-up play and bullying of the opposition defence has been a real asset this season but on the goal front he is sadly lacking. 0 league goals suggests he isn't exactly a goal threat for us. He could really do with a goal and hopefully it'll have a snowball effect.

9 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Have said from day 1 that we needed another striker in our squad that can grab us some goals, can't rely on Dobbie all the time need a penalty box striker too... Jan sales hopefully... 

Yeah, cause the one thing January sales are full of is strikers who can score goals

It would be nice to get a 3rd striker in so Dykes or Dobbie could get a rest near the end of games. If we brought one in I'd fully expect him to be 3rd choice. Dykes brings a lot to the side and has to start, I just don't think it's harsh to have a pop at his goalscoring.

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It would be nice to get a 3rd striker in so Dykes or Dobbie could get a rest near the end of games. If we brought one in I'd fully expect him to be 3rd choice. Dykes brings a lot to the side and has to start, I just don't think it's harsh to have a pop at his goalscoring.

When Brownlie is fit I would imagine the Semple loan budget will go on a forward to strengthen the forward line in January.

There would be three CBs in Doyle, Fordyce and Brownlie

Then two forwards in Dobbie and Dykes plus a possible forward loan signing to replace Semple.

20 minutes ago, SueSue said:

When Brownlie is fit I would imagine the Semple loan budget will go on a forward to strengthen the forward line in January.

There would be three CBs in Doyle, Fordyce and Brownlie

Then two forwards in Dobbie and Dykes plus a possible forward loan signing to replace Semple.

Brownlie for Semple :(

giphy (12).gif

Semple has been great and from his interview at the weekend seems to be thoroughly enjoying his time at Queens, but budget dictates that when we have 3 fit CBs then we need to strengthen elsewhere.

Unless the budget is increased of course.

19 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Have said from day 1 that we needed another striker in our squad that can grab us some goals, can't rely on Dobbie all the time need a penalty box striker too... Jan sales hopefully... 

We did have a very experienced and effective one of those but he was let go.

Another example of poor Management by Naysmith with no credible striking option available from the bench or to cover injury/suspension.

20 minutes ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

Another example of poor Management by Naysmith with no credible striking option available from the bench or to cover injury/suspension.

To be fair it was prob time for him too go, he prob wanted first team football anyway. 

Went AWOL during his last week at the club and didn’t train. A top player for Queens but isn’t missed by a few at the club.
He had to go. The correct decision by Naysmith & Queens

23 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

Lyle would have been on a substantial wage which I imagine went to Harkins.

I adore the man, but lets not kid ourselves on. He was done at this level and it was time for him to go.

Maybe but there's such a thing as succession planning. At some point Dobbie will be past it too but you'd hope we see that coming a bit better and have some back up plan or we are definitely ######!

Keeping  coming back to finances is a bit boring but at the moment I don't think we can afford to have a fairly competent back-up striker sitting on the sidelines and  who would probably command a decent wage.  The Fergusson lad was probably earmarked for this role and at £150 per week (allegedly)  was a cheap option but he decided to move on. Succession planning is ok if you know the finances you will have available.  Maybe by the time Dobbie needs to be replaced he will be in the position to sign his own replacement. 

Keeping  coming back to finances is a bit boring but at the moment I don't think we can afford to have a fairly competent back-up striker sitting on the sidelines and  who would probably command a decent wage.  The Fergusson lad was probably earmarked for this role and at £150 per week (allegedly)  was a cheap option but he decided to move on. Succession planning is ok if you know the finances you will have available.  Maybe by the time Dobbie needs to be replaced he will be in the position to sign his own replacement. 

Fergusson earns more money at Annan than he did at Queens.

Fergusson leaving obviously took the club a bit by surprise but they still had time to do something about it, but opted for Frizzell instead of an out-and-out striker.  A decision I'd imagine they now regret seeing as he is behind Todd, Stirling and now Murray in the pecking order.

Dobbie and Dykes are running themselves into the ground every game, it really is ridiculous we have no backup and I fully expect it to bite us on the arse later in the season.

30 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Fergusson leaving obviously took the club a bit by surprise but they still had time to do something about it, but opted for Frizzell instead of an out-and-out striker.  A decision I'd imagine they now regret seeing as he is behind Todd, Stirling and now Murray in the pecking order.

Dobbie and Dykes are running themselves into the ground every game, it really is ridiculous we have no backup and I fully expect it to bite us on the arse later in the season.

Is Frizzell behind Murray in the pecking order?  Murray came on on Saturday and scored but has Frizzell not made more appearances from the bench,  and starts this season  than Murray has up til now.  Murray's lack of involvement this season is strange considering he got quite a bit if game time last season, maybe now he might be involved more. Agreed that there was plenty of time after Fergusson left to get striking cover in but was there enough cash for someone reasonably capable?  Depending on his loan deal agreement Frizzell may not be costing us as much as a third choice striker would. Murray may be considered a winger but if push came to shove he could play in the middle, did he not play there for the reserves/U20's.  I'm not sure tbh what other striker options,  if any,  we have with the other bench warmers. 

Archived