Queens v Inverness

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Turning against each other isn't necessarily the right response either though.

So what would you suggest?

a kick up the arse or an arm round the shoulder approach?

I guess the captain should know what player needs what approach ......

59 minutes ago, SueSue said:

I think the idea that we lack an organiser with authority is pretty valid.

That's all.

On 17/11/2018 at 08:41, Comrie said:

My brother in law is an AFC Wimbledon fan and was very surprised that Caley took him, but from what I've seen of him, he looks a solid second tier player.

Yeah, I'm a Wimbledon fan too.  Lot of time for Oakley who came through the Wimbledon Academy,  but he's not an out and  out goal scorer.  Always gives his all, but would be out of his depth even L2 in England IMO.  He's a good lad and a committed  pro who's willing to work hard on and off the pitch.  Good luck to him. 

14 hours ago, SueSue said:

Agree with your last sentence. That's where man management comes in. Some players need  right good boot up the arse and others need a quiet word and a bit of encouragement. 

On 11/18/2018 at 19:53, Monkey Tennis said:

A good post.

Now the dust has settled, I'm feeling slightly more philosophical about yesterday.  

We did get to see a cracking game and we had plenty to get excited about.  Obviously, the punchline wasn't much fun, but the likelihood is that we again will be going neither up nor down and yesterday's game will not prove, in itself, to be hugely significant.

I totally agree on the leadership front though.  I'd been thinking the same - that in terms of the defence in particular, we really need an adult in there to take control at times.  We do have players with experience, and we even have some who are vocal.  We do however lack figures with that kind of authority that can steady a rocking ship.

A feature of this season seems to be that we can both score and concede in spates. 

It's bloody frustrating at times, but at least it's engaging.

Some great posts but why oh why didn't we pick up the Inverness number 7 who ran the game in the final 30 mins.  He set up everything and had a great game but no wonder as we gave him all the room in the world. I though Norman would have been told to mark the 7 out of the game but no.  That disappointed  me although we are seeing some great games this season. Disapointed the manager only mentioned a free kick being given away and nothing about defending them.  Still struggling to understand the way we didn't handle the no 7. Fine player though he is  

On 11/19/2018 at 10:06, KingfaetheSooth said:

Yeah, I'm a Wimbledon fan too.  Lot of time for Oakley who came through the Wimbledon Academy,  but he's not an out and  out goal scorer.  Always gives his all, but would be out of his depth even L2 in England IMO.  He's a good lad and a committed  pro who's willing to work hard on and off the pitch.  Good luck to him. 

In terms of work rate he gives his all and his harrying and link up play can often be quite good.  As you say though, he isn't a natural goalscorer.  I doubt we'll see him get much more than 10 league goals this season to be honest.  He's still our best striker though.

4 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

In terms of work rate he gives his all and his harrying and link up play can often be quite good.  As you say though, he isn't a natural goalscorer.  I doubt we'll see him get much more than 10 league goals this season to be honest.

I thought Oakley was a real handful.

ok Semple saw him off in the end but I thought he was strong and quick and would be a great foil for a big tall striker to play off.

Archived