Queens v Inverness

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Queens1919 said:

Who’s fault was it this week then?

Yous can’t blame Martin or Mercer?

Don't want to criticise the Manager in case he takes a petted lip.  Soft goals and soft defending again.  I thought it was actually the best we've played at home for a while but once ICT got one back it was always possible we would  lose more considering how fragile  our defence is.  How bad does Jacobs have to be before he's rested.  His first four "touches",  two passes and a header straight to opposition players and then heading the ball out for a corner under no pressure.  Also with conceding so many goals we're getting plenty of practice at kick-offs  yet we persist in hoofing it up/out the park and give possession away.  Inverness were poor I thought but if any team playing poorly needs a lift we always seem to oblige.Cup game next week and I'm not confident at all of keeping a clean sheet. 

I doubt the result would have been any different had either been playing.

I'm absolutely furious with that. To draw 3-3 after being 3-0 is one thing, but to concede 3 goals to a side who never carried a threat all game is absolutely infuriating. At half-time I genuinely said to my mate, the only way we are conceding today is via a cross or a penalty. No surprise at all that it happened. Take nothing away from Caley's determination, they kept going until the death and were rewarded for it. They cut us open once today and thankfully Leighfield saved it. Everything else was from a cross. Robertson clearly did his homework. I can't believe Doyle wasn't swapped with Fordyce or Murray brought on at RM sooner. We were getting absolutely battered down that side with cross after cross. Leighfield will no doubt receive a hard time but ffs, if you are so bad at defending crosses you have to stop them coming in!

The first 70 minutes was about as good as we've played all season and it's all been undone because I doubt many QoS fans are going to take the positives from that tonight.

I'm actually disgusted with that tonight.
Agreed subs were too late in the day again. At 3-1 would of made the change. Its annoying because the performance was up there with the home gane v Ayr.. and i think we could have done with the 3 points today as i expect caley to kick on now and stretch the gap.

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I doubt the result would have been any different had either been playing.

I'm absolutely furious with that. To draw 3-3 after being 3-0 is one thing, but to concede 3 goals to a side who never carried a threat all game is absolutely infuriating. At half-time I genuinely said to my mate, the only way we are conceding today is via a cross or a penalty. No surprise at all that it happened. Take nothing away from Caley's determination, they kept going until the death and were rewarded for it. They cut us open once today and thankfully Leighfield saved it. Everything else was from a cross. Robertson clearly did his homework. I can't believe Doyle wasn't swapped with Fordyce or Murray brought on at RM sooner. We were getting absolutely battered down that side with cross after cross. Leighfield will no doubt receive a hard time but ffs, if you are so bad at defending crosses you have to stop them coming in!

The first 70 minutes was about as good as we've played all season and it's all been undone because I doubt many QoS fans are going to take the positives from that tonight.

I'm actually disgusted with that tonight.

Makes you wonder why we bother.Leighfield at fault for 1st and 2nd goal what the hell was he doing  in saying that he made a good save at the end to get us a point 

Naysmith has to take the blame at 3-1 he has to take off Harkins and Stirling get Norman and Murray on go 4-5-1..

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Not quite sure Leighfield is to blame for the second. It came through a wall of bodies. I expect Flash Gordon would have struggled to react in time.

Im not convinced hes to blame for the first either. It was close to him but it was dipping with a lot of pace and there were a lot of bodies in the 6 yard box.

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Not quite sure Leighfield is to blame for the second. It came through a wall of bodies. I expect Flash Gordon would have struggled to react in time.

It did come through a wall of bodies but it was like a back pass no power on the ball easy save think Flash Gordon's granny would have saved it .

Did not even watch the pen Leighfield was never going to save it a boy doing a man's job  amazed the ball hit him at the end to make his only save .

Really pissed off tonight you can see now why we get such crap crowds

It did come through a wall of bodies but it was like a back pass no power on the ball easy save think Flash Gordon's granny would have saved it .
Did not even watch the pen Leighfield was never going to save it a boy doing a man's job  amazed the ball hit him at the end to make his only save .

Away and take your face for a shite Jack

18 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Fordyce should have cleared that and Jacobs say no more for 3rd, young Jack? We need a goalkeeper big time!! 

Im not convinced hes to blame for the first either. It was close to him but it was dipping with a lot of pace and there were a lot of bodies in the 6 yard box.

Either am I tbh but I'd have to see it again to see if he should have come for it. No mention of the poor marking, the goalkeeper blamed once again though.
Yeah, if you're blaming a GK for two goals yet won't give him credit for a great save then I think we can file your opinion in the bin.

A commanding goalkeeper is a great thing to have and something we've not had in a long time. I've been critical of Martin recently but if folk think a new goalkeeper is the solution to our awful record of defending crosses then they haven't been paying attention to our defending in the past two years.

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

A commanding goalkeeper is a great thing to have and something we've not had in a long time. I've been critical of Martin recently but if folk think a new goalkeeper is the solution to our awful record of defending crosses then they haven't been paying attention to our defending in the past two years.

This. Im genuinely quite surprised how many people are blaming Leighfield for any of the goals today

25 minutes ago, Mr X said:

It was a good free kick.  I think it was close to going in anyway, whether someone got a head on it or not.  It must have passed close to the goalkeeper, but there was a lot of pace and curl on it.  I thought we should have had more than one man in the 'wall' for it.

This. Im genuinely quite surprised how many people are blaming Leighfield for any of the goals today
Are you? It seems to be a go to move. I've said already that I've been critical of Martin recently but I think if anything I'm usually defensive of them. I left today and said that I expect Leighfield will get pelters tonight. His response was "seriously?!" to which I explained that it doesn't take much on here for our goalkeepers to get roasted.

I'm not shocked he's getting slated but I am shocked there has been little mention of our right hand side's inability to stop cross after cross coming in.

Could be beans on toast and a night in front of the telly for Mrs. Naysmith after that !

Actually, I quite enjoyed the game today.

We set up and approached the game very similar to Ayr (H) and produced some entertaining attacking football to be enjoyed.

We really should have been out of sight with the number of good chances we created before  JR changed the game.

I was both surprised and relieved to see White and Austin on the bench today but boy, did they make a difference when introduced.

Fair play to JR as he must have thought we have nothing to lose, let's go for it and see where it takes us.

What fucks me off with this team is we need to be one or two goals down before we wake up and start going for it.  You don't win promotion/championships playing like that.

This game compares with that 4-4 game at Tannadice years ago.  It looked like we were heading for a 5-0 defeat and then all of sudden we get it together and draw.

Glad I got to see it though.

Totally agree with the impression that we need to lose a goal before we start playing.   3 goals down is not the ideal catalyst for all this.

Archived