Queens v Inverness

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Question for the Inverness fans...
Opinions on George Oakley?  FWIW, I thought he looked poor at L1 level in England, but could possibly do a job in the Scottish Championship.  He's probably not made the impact expected looking at the stats. 

I’m actually a big fan of his. He’s not an out and out goal scorer but still think he should be getting double figure every season.

He will run the channels and hassle defenders all day long which is a big asset for us, his hold up play is also decent so we can lump the ball forward to him and he can lay the ball off.

Championship is his level though.

15 hours ago, KingfaetheSooth said:

Question for the Inverness fans...

Opinions on George Oakley?  FWIW, I thought he looked poor at L1 level in England, but could possibly do a job in the Scottish Championship.  He's probably not made the impact expected looking at the stats. 

My brother in law is an AFC Wimbledon fan and was very surprised that Caley took him, but from what I've seen of him, he looks a solid second tier player.

On 14/11/2018 at 22:08, palmy_cammy said:

Yeah I was at the Berwick game. Lovely stroll in the sun that day.

In hindsight I’d probably prefer him to Mercer but I suppose we may have offered him a new deal but he chose to move north. Mercer’s versatility makes him favourable with our squad size.

Any other notable players that have played for both teams. There can’t be many given our geography. David Bingham, John Rankin, Dennis Wyness, and Barry Wilson are the only others I can think of, but I’m sure I’ll be missing some obvious ones.

Tom Parratt! Although as you only want "notable" players he probably doesnt apply. 

Comfortably on top. I'm going to say something completely stupid but if we get another goal I think we'll win. Caley offering little going forward but the amount of crosses they are putting in, coupled with our record of defending them gives me the fear one will eventually land for them.

Hopefully we come out and continue to attack rather than try and hold on for a half.

Alright so far.  We've been the better side without creating a great deal.  

Keen to see the goal again.  I couldn't tell if Dykes handled it before nudging it in, but there was certainly lots of animated protest, especially from the goalkeeper. 

Keen to see the goal again.  I couldn't tell if Dykes handled it before nudging it in, but there was certainly lots of animated protest, especially from the goalkeeper. 
I didn't think anyone protested apart from the GK. Although he was hilarious so I never focussed on anyone else.

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
20 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I didn't think anyone protested apart from the GK. Although he was hilarious so I never focussed on anyone else.

This. The keeper was incensed. Nobody  else complained at all.

I couldnt tell but even if it went in off his arm I am not sure he knew anything about it. He was lying on the ground at the time!

Archived