Queens v Inverness

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Going to be yet another hard game Inverness are unbeaten this season we have no goal threat now that teams are marking Dobbie tightly .
Dobbie has only 1 goal in 6 games now Dykes needs to get goals he just does not score enough 

You have no goal threat but managed to score against a team that had kept 3 clean sheets on the bounce?

6 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Going to be yet another hard game Inverness are unbeaten this season we have no goal threat now that teams are marking Dobbie tightly .

Dobbie has only 1 goal in 6 games now Dykes needs to get goals he just does not score enough 

Yep a draw away to the league ledaers today. No cause for any optimism. Good work, keep it up :eek:

You have no goal threat but managed to score against a team that had kept 3 clean sheets on the bounce?
We could have beat you yesterday and he'd still be moaning.

How long have ICT been unbeaten now? Since they've come down we've drawn 3 of the 5 games 0-0 so it wouldn't be a bad punt for this one. Beaten in the other 2 so we're overdue a win.

Think it has draw written all over it but Dobbie is due a hat-trick, hopefully arriving on Saturday B)

14 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

How long have ICT been unbeaten now? Since they've come down we've drawn 3 of the 5 games 0-0 so it wouldn't be a bad punt for this one. Beaten in the other 2 so we're overdue a win.

Think it has draw written all over it but Dobbie is due a hat-trick, hopefully arriving on Saturday B)

The last league game we lost was in March of this year, 1-0 at East End Park. Think it's now up to 24 unbeaten in the league. It's a pretty remarkable stat, considering how few clear-cut chances we tend to create in matches, and it says a lot for players that have been ever-present in that time, like Donaldson and Polworth, but it's got to come to an end at some point. We wouldn't have deserved to lose at Firhill yesterday, but could have done so quite easily; we rode our luck with a penalty save and a horrendous Thistle miss in the final minute, and we didn't really test Bell apart from the goal.

I can't recall Dobbie ever scoring against us either; that's bound to change at some point too. Having said that, the players are obviously very proud of the record, battled like f**k  in the second half yesterday to secure the win, and looked ecstatic at the final whistle, so we won't make it easy even if we turn in another flat performance.

I won't know if I'm making this until Friday night - really enjoy a trip to Dumfries, but I've got shitloads of work coming in this week and might end up having to take a pile of it home over the weekend.      

17 minutes ago, alternative maryhill said:

The last league game we lost was in March of this year, 1-0 at East End Park. Think it's now up to 24 unbeaten in the league. It's a pretty remarkable stat, considering how few clear-cut chances we tend to create in matches, and it says a lot for players that have been ever-present in that time, like Donaldson and Polworth, but it's got to come to an end at some point. We wouldn't have deserved to lose at Firhill yesterday, but could have done so quite easily; we rode our luck with a penalty save and a horrendous Thistle miss in the final minute, and we didn't really test Bell apart from the goal.

I can't recall Dobbie ever scoring against us either; that's bound to change at some point too. Having said that, the players are obviously very proud of the record, battled like f**k  in the second half yesterday to secure the win, and looked ecstatic at the final whistle, so we won't make it easy even if we turn in another flat performance.

I won't know if I'm making this until Friday night - really enjoy a trip to Dumfries, but I've got shitloads of work coming in this week and might end up having to take a pile of it home over the weekend.      

If you live in or near Inverness then surely Thursday lunchtime is the latest you can set off to make the arduous trek to the borders if you want to make it for the kick-off. 

13 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Ach it wouldnt be the same if the Rev IM Jolly didnt do it.

It wouldn't be do bad but every one he does starts the same vein,   "Going to be a difficult game blah blah" We can all accept that EVERY game will be a difficult game, some potentially more so than others.  He hardly gives the impression of someone who has confidence going into any match. He talks up the opposition even more than Naysmith. 

25 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

If you live in or near Inverness then surely Thursday lunchtime is the latest you can set off to make the arduous trek to the borders if you want to make it for the kick-off. 

As my username suggests, I'm living in exile in Glasgow, so I've never had the pleasure of ravenously tearing the flesh from the bones of my travelling companions in a lay-by at 3 am, unlike our poor players last season. 

11 minutes ago, alternative maryhill said:

As my username suggests, I'm living in exile in Glasgow, so I've never had the pleasure of ravenously tearing the flesh from the bones of my travelling companions in a lay-by at 3 am, unlike our poor players last season. 

They "survived " on pot noodles .

34 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I like what Northfield does.

That remark from someone with an  obsession about a next match sign doesn't really surprise me. Come on,  you're dying to tell us,  has the sign been updated? 

No doubt it was an horrendous episode for the team to be caught up in but I think the players were just about to get tucked up into their hotel beds by that time in the morning. 

Anyway,  hoping they face a less traumatic journey this time and any trauma is confined to the football field with a resounding (or fluke)  Queens win.  

17 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

That remark from someone with an  obsession about a next match sign doesn't really surprise me. Come on,  you're dying to tell us,  has the sign been updated? 

Yes, it has.

The connection between my sign fixation and my view of Northfield's posting style, does however, escape me.

9 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

No doubt it was an horrendous episode for the team to be caught up in but I think the players were just about to get tucked up into their hotel beds by that time in the morning. 

Anyway,  hoping they face a less traumatic journey this time and any trauma is confined to the football field with a resounding (or fluke)  Queens win.  

It was about midnight the players arrived as I recall.

The answer to all travel related problems is to simply get pisshed - as I will be in Doonhammer territory next Saturday. But will be have enuff players to get a starting X1. Donaldson looked totally fecked at the end yesterday and we could only muster 5 on the bench. May have to play Robbo up front ?

The answer to all travel related problems is to simply get pisshed - as I will be in Doonhammer territory next Saturday. But will be have enuff players to get a starting X1. Donaldson looked totally fecked at the end yesterday and we could only muster 5 on the bench. May have to play Robbo up front ?
I'll accept "pisshed" and "enuff" but get that "Doonhammer" sorted!

Archived