Top of the league v Wee Morton

3 hours ago, WATTOO said:

He's the stereotype of everything that's wrong with football, ie, a big cowardly animal who likes to sneakily give it out but then screams and cries when reciprocated, not to mention the cheating incident in the 1st half where he tried to get Shankland sent off as well.

No, I'm sorry you can keep players like that as they are nothing but a complete embarrassment to both themselves and their clubs.

In Jamie Adams you have the absolute king of that tbf. 

I can see why Buchanan hasn't got a red there, you can make a strong argument that he's went for the ball. 

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Failing to dish out a routine hammering to wee Morton has clearly had more of an effect on Ayr fans than first thought. Greetin on about Buchanan not seeing red for the heinous crime of kicking a football, while at the same time either ignoring or celebrating Kerr's utterly cynical takeout (which could easily have been a red) is near Fa'kirk levels of cringe. I thought better of you, lads.

edited to say: I quite like Kerr and thought he played pretty well, but still...

7 hours ago, Pick that one out Marshall said:

As Moore was walking off great to see the big Morton coward try a wee fly kick at him.

What a tosser.

What a load of pish, you don't know what you're talking about.

41 minutes ago, toms said:

What a load of pish, you don't know what you're talking about.

Lol wut it’s in the highlights. It wasn’t with any force or anything and if LargsTon is right about them being pals it will not have been done with any malice, but to say what you just did is moronic :lol:

Yup. In the highlights  - he flicks out his leg as Moore turns his back. Nothing in it - much like Moore's backwards flick - but if it has made contact (and if Moore had thrown himself to the ground like a cheat) then it should have been a straight red. 

8 minutes ago, Yid_in_Exiile said:

Yup. In the highlights  - he flicks out his leg as Moore turns his back. Nothing in it - much like Moore's backwards flick - but if it has made contact (and if Moore had thrown himself to the ground like a cheat) then it should have been a straight red. 

Enough. This is getting embarrassing.

Yes, I'm not generally one for hoping an opponent gets an injury but in Buchanans case I'm very happy to make an exception. 
He's the stereotype of everything that's wrong with football, ie, a big cowardly animal who likes to sneakily give it out but then screams and cries when reciprocated, not to mention the cheating incident in the 1st half where he tried to get Shankland sent off as well.
No, I'm sorry you can keep players like that as they are nothing but a complete embarrassment to both themselves and their clubs.
In Jamie Adams you have the absolute king of that tbf. 

I can see why Buchanan hasn't got a red there, you can make a strong argument that he's went for the ball. 
I was just going to mention Jamie.

We can't be getting too precious about these kinds of players. Most teams have one (and they're generally loved).

Ayr resorting to thuggery and cynicism to scrape a draw at home points to a better day at the office for JJ this week. It's a trait that is sorely missing in our team though - when the team isn't performing well on the day they let opponents waltz through them almost at will. We haven't had anyone who regularly deals in shithousery since Martin Hardie left. 

2 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I was just going to mention Jamie.

We can't be getting too precious about these kinds of players. Most teams have one (and they're generally loved).

We don't have one, I'm fucking gutted. 

Ayr have had a few, Adams, Murphy and even Bell can be a sneaky b*****d at times.

12 hours ago, Hursty said:

We should just appeal it - since Morelos got his red card for an off the ball retaliation kick overturned earlier in the season then surely this is the exact same.

Not to mention Naismith and McGregor. Would be sheer hypocrisy to uphold this one on appeal after the decisions in the other cases.

We don't have one, I'm fucking gutted. 
Ayr have had a few, Adams, Murphy and even Bell can be a sneaky b*****d at times.

Geggan can be like that as well. Stuck his knee into the back of Quitongos head a few weeks back looking for a reaction. He has a tendency to lose his head entirely if things get too heated.

Not to mention Naismith and McGregor. Would be sheer hypocrisy to uphold this one on appeal after the decisions in the other cases.

We won’t appeal it though. It’s a clear red card and I’m not sure what the cost of an appeal is but clubs at this level don’t do it unless they’re fairly certain they’ll get it overturned.

I’m not annoyed that he’s out tbf. Gives McCall no option but to play Moffat so hopefully he stakes his claim.

It’s nothing like kicking the ball off someone to win a throw in. Buchanan has attempted to kick the ball out from underneath Moore but he’s also managed to kick Moore in the process. Players can be sent off for over aggressive tackles whether they win the ball or not. This was worse as it was during a stoppage in play and therefore the ball wasn’t there to be won.

Then there’s also the case of him standing on Moore’s ankle once he’s kicked him.

It wasn’t during a stoppage in play, the whistle goes as he makes contact with the ball. Strike 1.

Buchanan has kicked the ball and made contact with the player too, hence the booking. Strike 2.

You can quite clearly see the contact with Moore’s ankle is accidental, and he doesn’t put any weight on it. That explains why Moore doesn’t show the slightest sign of injury, kicks Buchanan and then trudges off without complaint. Strike 3.

Apart from embellishing events, inventing interpretations of rules and missing blatantly obvious observations, you are spot on.

Foul 1 - bundles Moore over.

Foul 2 - kicks Moore  in the ribs as well as the ball as the whistle is blown.

Foul 3 - stands on Moore, which only a fool would say was accidental.

Can't condone Moore's reaction, but it is understandable.  Buchanan was very lucky to stay on. 

Archived