Top of the league v Wee Morton

6 hours ago, Honestmen said:

Spot on, Morton were rank.

Garbage. Morton were clear favourites to win the game as Tidser stepped up to take the penalty. Very little between the teams up to that point.

You then ran all over a Morton midfield with Millar and Tidser removed and a rookie manager who didn't know what to do to compensate (albeit in very difficult circumstances).

If it's 1-1 again going into the final 20 on Saturday, let's see... You lot are clearly favourites, but what Ayr fan in their right mind would pass up 9-1 Morton to win with both teams scoring? That's right ladies and gentlemen, 9 to fuckin 1...

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Garbage. Morton were clear favourites to win the game as Tidser stepped up to take the penalty. Very little between the teams up to that point.

You then ran all over a Morton midfield with Millar and Tidser removed and a rookie manager who didn't know what to do to compensate (albeit in very difficult circumstances).

If it's 1-1 again going into the final 20 on Saturday, let's see... You lot are clearly favourites, but what Ayr fan in their right mind would pass up 9-1 Morton to win with both teams scoring? That's right ladies and gentlemen, 9 to fuckin 1...

You looked good for 20 mins, which was more us being so bad that we made you look good, however once the boys got their heads together normal service was quickly resumed as we went on to give you a complete and utter humiliation on your own patch.

Be prepared, for your next damn good thrashing..............

8 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

You looked good for 20 mins, which was more us being so bad that we made you look good, however once the boys got their heads together normal service was quickly resumed as we went on to give you a complete and utter humiliation on your own patch.

Be prepared, for your next damn good thrashing..............

We never looked good at all that whole game IMO,  but neither team did until about 70 minutes. The game was a stuffy, scrappy affair up until you got your second and then all hell broke loose. The 2nd and 3rd came within 60 seconds of each other and knocked the stuffing out of us and after that there was no way back. As mentioned above, we lost Tidser and Millar early in the second half which didn't help but the two goals in 60 seconds was the real killer and you ran out  deserved winners as our players basically chucked it after the 3rd.

You are kidding yourself on if you thought you put in a dominate display for most of that match. Looking at the stats from that match, we actually had more possession which is mental to think after a 5-1 humping.

Anyway,  on this game, no idea what Morton team will turn up. We definitely need a response after last week but whether or not that is good enough to get a win, I've no idea.  Ayr obviously not lost at home yet so a point wouldn't be a bad result,  but would be magic if we can be the first team to take 3 points away from somerset.

1 hour ago, madton said:

We never looked good at all that whole game IMO,  but neither team did until about 70 minutes. The game was a stuffy, scrappy affair up until you got your second and then all hell broke loose. The 2nd and 3rd came within 60 seconds of each other and knocked the stuffing out of us and after that there was no way back. As mentioned above, we lost Tidser and Millar early in the second half which didn't help but the two goals in 60 seconds was the real killer and you ran out  deserved winners as our players basically chucked it after the 3rd.

You are kidding yourself on if you thought you put in a dominate display for most of that match. Looking at the stats from that match, we actually had more possession which is mental to think after a 5-1 humping.

Anyway,  on this game, no idea what Morton team will turn up. We definitely need a response after last week but whether or not that is good enough to get a win, I've no idea.  Ayr obviously not lost at home yet so a point wouldn't be a bad result,  but would be magic if we can be the first team to take 3 points away from somerset.

Being serious, it was never a 5-1 match, however I did think Ayr were in complete control with absolutely no threat coming from Morton up until Robbie Crawford gifted you a goal from absolutely nothing.

From that point onward, up until the penalty miss, there's no doubt that Morton were the much better team and could and probably should have been ahead, however the game changed again after this point and of course Tidser limping off wouldn't have helped you.

You were a beaten team after the 3rd goal went in and the heads went down and the fight was zero, which would have seriously worried me if I was a Ton fan.

Anyway, it should be a good game on Saturday and despite my earlier posts, I don't "seriously" expect us to be thrashing you but again we are probably a much better / more complete side from when we played you at Cappielow.

18 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

You never had a kick at the baw till Crawford fkd up in the penalty area, try and keep it real.

3 hours ago, Honestmen said:

You never had a kick at the baw till Crawford fkd up in the penalty area, try and keep it real.

Aye, sure. Nothing game between the opener and the equaliser. Tidser scores the penalty, we win (or at the very least don’t lose).

He doesn’t, though, and we collapse after quickfire second and third. Finishes 5-1, but might as easily been 3-1 the other way, or 2-2. This is how fitba works.

Real enough for you?

I hope Ayr come up and don’t either bottle it like Morten did when they were in this position last year (or two seasons ago).

Hopefully some Morten players have a bet on Ayr for either this game or promotion to help them on their way.

Do Ayr fans spend as much time on Killie threads as Dindeleux does on Ayr threads?
I don't know because im never on theirs.
Killie in an actual title quest with their wee county cousins doing similar one league down, its kinda cute [emoji173]

I have notifications set up for their threads so I don’t miss a thing.

Archived