Top of the league v Wee Morton

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

Keep an eye on this Morton lot. They only lost to Alloa in an attempt to bam us up because they are still bitter about McKinnon.

If that was the case we would have lost to Thistle last weekend too. Nice try, though :) 

12 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

We probably tried to chuck that one as well but Thistle were so bad we couldnae keep up the pretence.

Right, that's the story: Morton set out to chuck every game they play in, but some teams turn out to be so dugshite they can't manage even to beat a team that's not trying to win...

Except for Saturday, when I expect us to stride into battle and hound these pumped-up perma-diddies... Could happen...

Well, unlike earlier in the season, we're pretty sure Falkirk aren't gonna catch Ayr. Despite their good start to the season they are still Ayr United so could chuck it all away. Now we know they can probably take care of themselves we'll go for it properly. So a Morton win is a certainty.

If Ayr beat us then I would be raging if I was an Ayr fan as it clearly means JJ still thinks you could be suckered into a relegation scrap v Falkirk. Harsh on Ayr IMHO.

Another big game for us. With United and County not playing it’s a massive chance for us to open the gap up to 7 points. We’ll probably need to perform better than we did on Saturday to do that- Morton are of similar level to QOS. We pumped them 5-1 up there which was glorious scenes but I can’t see the scoreline being as comfortable this time. 

Teamwise id go: 

Doohan
Smith Bell Rose Harvie
McDaid Kerr Murdoch Forrest
Moffat Shankland 

Subs- Hare-Reid, Geggan, Adams, Docherty, Crawford,  McGuffie, Moore 

Murdoch to put in another MOTM performance once again showing that it was the worst thing Ray McKinnon done in his short time with the club getting rid of him. Shankland to end his mini 2 game goal drought. 

If you ever needed proof that it's better than have a good team than just good players. How are that lot four points clear?
Said the same about Livi though so it's clear I know feck all.

Everyone single one of those players have proven that they’re good enough to play in the Championship.

I’ll agree however that tactics that play to the teams strengths and a tight knit squad goes a long way and it’s not all about the best 11 individuals on the park although it’s not as if we’re fielding 11 jobbers every week. There’s serious quality in that team.

10 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Another big game for us. With United and County not playing it’s a massive chance for us to open the gap up to 7 points. We’ll probably need to perform better than we did on Saturday to do that- Morton are of similar level to QOS. We pumped them 5-1 up there which was glorious scenes but I can’t see the scoreline being as comfortable this time. 

Teamwise id go: 

Doohan
Smith Bell Rose Harvie
McDaid Kerr Murdoch Forrest
Moffat Shankland 

Subs- Hare-Reid, Geggan, Adams, Docherty, Crawford,  McGuffie, Moore 

Murdoch to put in another MOTM performance once again showing that it was the worst thing Ray McKinnon done in his short time with the club getting rid of him. Shankland to end his mini 2 game goal drought. 

Has he had many MOTM awards? Would have thought Shankland would get it every week!

10 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

If you ever needed proof that it's better than have a good team than just good players. How are that lot four points clear?

Said the same about Livi though so it's clear I know feck all.

Other than a couple of boys who's careers appeared to be written off at 18 by their respective clubs, the rest of the squad is quality with the goalkeeper and 2 full backs part of the current U21 side, we then have a couple of players who just couldn't quite make the grade at top end Premier league clubs and then we've got proven Championship level players, so all in all I'd say it was a pretty good squad even from an individual quality perspective.

But then the fact we're 4 points clear at the top of the league should confirm that fact to any doubters out there..............

5 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Other than a couple of boys who's careers appeared to be written off at 18 by their respective clubs, the rest of the squad is quality with the goalkeeper and 2 full backs part of the current U21 side, we then have a couple of players who just couldn't quite make the grade at top end Premier league clubs and then we've got proven Championship level players, so all in all I'd say it was a pretty good squad even from an individual quality perspective.

But then the fact we're 4 points clear at the top of the league should confirm that fact to any doubters out there..............

To be fair the guy has a point. Not all teams in the division can be blessed with the Andy Ryans and the Faissal el Bakhtaouis of this world. 2 goals in the league between them? Michael Rose has that :lol:

Would not be surprised at all to see us win this. It would be very Morton to sandwich a defeat at home Alloa in between 2 otherwise great results.

Also as likely we get pumped again but there's pretty much no point predicting how we'll turn up under JJ so far.

Archived